Recent Immigrants make "net contribution" to finances

You really live in Cookoo land!

You think there arnt many people desperatly wanting to do a fair days work for a fair days pay?

The truth of the matter is that many people here have mortages to pay and high rents that just isnt workable on minimum wage but the immigrants who have much lower mortages back home are in a different situation.

Take the Bulgarians whos average wage is about 150 euro a month,£6 an hour is going to be very attractive and ill bet most of the country ends up here of course with their hands out and pockets empty.

There is a simple answer and thats to invest in our own peoples training and pay a fair wage.Advertising jobs in the UK instead of just abroad would be a good start.

I'm not saying that there aren't people in this position.........I am saying that this is of no concern to immigrants coming to the UK to work,and it isn't their fault that UK citizens that are in this situation........immigrants have come to do a job,not to think about the plight of other people.Blame the governments and businesses that are capitilising on this situation,the weakening of union power to lessen UK workers bargaining power on wages and conditions.......we saw this manifest itself at Grangemouth last week.

But wouldn't it have been nice if he had won a Gold medal for Somalia.

Not much of a patriot are you. It's much nicer that he scored double gold for Great Britain!

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 16:58 ----------

Was thinking the same when I saw the headlines this morning. Your post is as far as I got; I'm not going to read the rest of the thread because we all know how it will pan out

Unfortunately I lacked your discipline Mecky.

Originally Posted by Xt500 View Post

You really live in Cookoo land!

You think there arnt many people desperatly wanting to do a fair days work for a fair days pay?

The truth of the matter is that many people here have mortages to pay and high rents that just isnt workable on minimum wage but the immigrants who have much lower mortages back home are in a different situation.

Take the Bulgarians whos average wage is about 150 euro a month,£6 an hour is going to be very attractive and ill bet most of the country ends up here of course with their hands out and pockets empty.

There is a simple answer and thats to invest in our own peoples training and pay a fair wage.Advertising jobs in the UK instead of just abroad would be a good start.

I'm not saying that there aren't people in this position.........I am saying that this is of no concern to immigrants coming to the UK to work,and it isn't their fault that UK citizens that are in this situation........immigrants have come to do a job,not to think about the plight of other people.Blame the governments and businesses that are capitilising on this situation,the weakening of union power to lessen UK workers bargaining power on wages and conditions.......we saw this manifest itself at Grangemouth last week.
What many on here don't realise is that history is just repeating itself.

In the 50s, 60s & 70s cheap labour was brought in from the commonwealth, because jobs were abundant, now jobs are scarce but the employers (fat cats) remember and are now once again bringing in cheap labour and what some on here don't seem to realise is that Jo public subsidises this with his taxes.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 18:11 ----------

Originally Posted by chalga View Post

Ask the farmers,retailers and wholesalers,nothing to do with immigrant workers,and neither are British on benefits either.

Of course it's to do with migrant workers, a high percentage of whom are illegal immigrants working for gang masters for illegal cash in hand, the Morecambe bay Cockle Pickers being a classic example or the Romanian family working on a farm where even the youngest children were made to work in the fields. Are you going to be daft enough to tell me you believe that the farmers don't know what's going on?

Wake up smell the coffee!

What many on here don't realise is that history is just repeating itself.

In the 50s, 60s & 70s cheap labour was brought in from the commonwealth, because jobs were abundant, now jobs are scarce but the employers (fat cats) remember and are now once again bringing in cheap labour and what some on here don't seem to realise is that Jo public subsidises this with his taxes.

Doesn't that coffee smell lovely...now you're awake you really get the benefit.

and they commute everyday from their homes in Bulgaria, right?

:rolleyes:

And guess what they send family allowance back there and when they've got enough time in they can go back home and claim Jobseekers.

All costing the tax payer.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 18:17 ----------

Doesn't that coffee smell lovely...now you're awake you really get the benefit.

Wonder what your motives are?

Of course it's to do with migrant workers, a high percentage of whom are illegal immigrants working for gang masters for illegal cash in hand, the Morecambe bay Cockle Pickers being a classic example or the Romanian family working on a farm where even the youngest children were made to work in the fields. Are you going to be daft enough to tell me you believe that the farmers don't know what's going on?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/migrant-workers-face-gruelling-minimum-wage-1043511

Here's what the migrants do,and how 'illegal' they are............of course,the unemployed British are queueing up to fill their boots when the migrants have had enough of the good life.

The survey that this thread is about is nothing to do with illegal workers,or they wouldn't be able to get any figures together at all because it would all be underground.

Edited by chalga

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/migrant-workers-face-gruelling-minimum-wage-1043511

Here's what the migrants do,and how 'illegal' they are............of course,the unemployed British are queueing up to fill their boots when the migrants have had enough of the good life.

All migrants? Obviously we've got another with the 'Nelson Touch' a member of the denial brigade.

And guess what they send family allowance back there and when they've got enough time in they can go back home and claim Jobseekers.

All costing the tax payer.

No they can't go back home and claim.........they have to be actively seeking work,as well as passing the habitual residence and right to reside tests.

---------- Post added 05-11-2013 at 18:31 ----------

All migrants? Obviously we've got another with the 'Nelson Touch' a member of the denial brigade.

What's it about then.............aliens from another planet?