Who paid for India's Mars Rocket?

Dont know about the pinkos, aid to India has been supported by many British businesses who have commercial interests there and want to develop them..remember India is now one of the worlds fastest developing economies.

The likes of Peer Gynt would have you ignore that in favour of very high walls around the UK..or should I say Dronfield (little Britain) in order to satisfy his one dimensional lust for bread and dripping sarnis..a well know delicacy for his type.

Big ocean,small drop.

The problem being it is a small drop in their ocean instead of ours.

Why does anybody need to send anything to Mars, what have we gained so far, some pretty pictures the knowledge it may have had water on it at sometime and it's quite dusty, well worth the millions, if not billions.

Sending in the immigrant vanguard? If the Martians move to another part of the planet will that be 'red flight'? Xenophobic lot those Martians. :D

They provide a couple of million troops to fight in each of 2 world wars. We give them a bit of foreign aid for about 60 years. It sounds pretty equitable to me.

So did lots of countries... it was a world war. ;)

Dont know about the pinkos, aid to India has been supported by many British businesses who have commercial interests there and want to develop them..remember India is now one of the worlds fastest developing economies.

I see... it isn't aid but State funding palm greasing. You should have said!

I see... it isn't aid but State funding palm greasing. You should have said!

T'was ever thus Zamo..keep the colonials in our thrall and they'll be buying weapons, aeroplanes and Thorntons chocolates until their bellies burst.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 11:51 ----------

The likes of Peer Gynt would have you ignore that in favour of very high walls around the UK..or should I say Dronfield (little Britain) in order to satisfy his one dimensional lust for bread and dripping sarnis..a well know delicacy for his type.

Interesting perspective, I do wonder how Britain ever became great if PG's attitude is typical of the British. The Victorian pioneers had a full appreciation of our place in the world, or rather how they could shape it to their own ends, if it meant a bit of 'palm greasing' as Zamo said and letting the local Sultan join the crochet club then so be it.

With the likes of PG in charge the British would still be starting fires with two damp sticks, blissfully ignorant of the world around them and the existence of matches.

Interesting article here Saffy, the award and distribution of aid is rarely a one dimensional enterprise, it's tied up in history, politics and future trade alliances.

Ironically India is now actually a net donor of aid rather than recipient.

http://globalprosperity.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/building-brics-of-foreign-aid-india-gives-and-receives/

Can we have aid from the Italians for their Empire here?

Congratulations on India being the first country to send a rocket to Mars.

Before having a sewage system.

I bet they get a few 'floaters' in zero-G! Still ... in space, no one can hear the toilet flush anyway.

Perhaps the next rocket the Indians send to Mars'll be called the 'Basmali Jet' and will terraform the first ever extraterrestrial sewarage system? :P

Perhaps the next rocket the Indians send to Mars'll be called the 'Basmali Jet' and will terraform the first ever extraterrestrial sewarage system? :P

It was his great, great grandson put Shilpa Shetty in the Big Brother House, I wonder if she's doing the plumbing on Mars?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Bazalgette

See an excellent cartoon in The Times today.

It depicts an Indian train, with the accustomed hangers-on literally hanging-on to its exterior.

Whilst, overhead, there's the Indian rocket in trajectory.

How sad for the benighted poor souls who live there. What an ego-trip for its kleptocrat rulers.

See an excellent cartoon in The Times today.

It depicts an Indian train, with the accustomed hangers-on literally hanging-on to its exterior.

Whilst, overhead, there's the Indian rocket in trajectory.

How sad for the benighted poor souls who live there. What an ego-trip for its kleptocrat rulers.

Brilliant, I wonder how that idea was ever sold to them.

Archived