British garment workers should only get £42 per month

The one question that's on everybody's mind here is ... what the hell are you going on about?.

Well those like you who're in denial claim that the British jobs go abroad because British workers expect a living wage so that they and their families can enjoy the benefits gained mainly by development in the UK, after the initial development many companies then transfer their production abroad and that is where the likes of you come in and blame the British workers calling them scroungers for being on the dole.

What a sad uncaring lot you and the others on here are who bought and still buy the products made in sweat shops much of it by children.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:34 ----------

Perhaps £24 was a good wage and £42 is luxury?.

perhaps, ifs and buts:loopy: does that ease your conscience for buying products from a sweat shop.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:37 ----------

What are you actually trying to say i.e what is your argument, or your beef? Is it that you object to the level of wages paid to Bangladeshi workers, British workers or both, or do you object to a 77% wage increase, or is it Bangladeshi billionaires you don't agree with. Please clarify.

it's the callous hypocritical people on here who slag off British workers for wanting a decent living wage and then go and buy sweat shop produced goods.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:38 ----------

peer gynt doesn't like anybody really, he just lijes to moan

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Can I moan about your spelling:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:40 ----------

If it troubles you don't buy their clothes.
but I bet you and other couldn't care less people still buy their sweat shop produced clothes.

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:41 ----------

So are you saying £24 a month isn't subsistence then, but rather provides a good standard of living? !)

Is English your second language?

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 18:42 ----------

If £24 a month represented subsistence, then £42 might be a perfectly reasonable standard of living don't you think?

Where does it say £24 pm is a subsistence wage in Bangladesh?

I would presume that £44 a month is substantiallyy more than Bangladeshi people were making when the country's economy was based on subsistence farming, and that was comparitively recently.

Being presumptuous now are you, of course two wrong make a right according to some on here.

No doubt you won't have any scruples about buying garments produced in these unsafe sweatshop factories like the one that collapsed killing many of the workers.

Being presumptuous now are you, of course two wrong make a right according to some on here.

No doubt you won't have any scruples about buying garments produced in these unsafe sweatshop factories like the one that collapsed killing many of the workers.

It must break your heart everytime you get dressed in morning. We could give them aid but I know you aren't keen on that. You clearly aren't happy trading with them either. How should we help them?

Mind you they have a better unemployment rate than us at 5%.

If it troubles you don't buy their clothes.

Wouldn't they be paid even less or be out of work & starving if people didn't buy the stuff they make?

If you really care then find out which factories in Bangladesh are best for worker's pay, safety & rights, find out who they make clothes for & buy those.

It must break your heart everytime you get dressed in morning. We could give them aid but I know you aren't keen on that. You clearly aren't happy trading with them either. How should we help them?

Mind you they have a better unemployment rate than us at 5%.

Once again the 'Nelson Touch' "I see no Nuclear weapons" the factory owners and corrupt government officials must be laughing all the way to the bank at British people like you:loopy:

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 23:16 ----------

Wouldn't they be paid even less or be out of work & starving if people didn't buy the stuff they make?

If you really care then find out which factories in Bangladesh are best for worker's pay, safety & rights, find out who they make clothes for & buy those.

If the workers are stupid enough to live in squalor then that is their fault, they've had 66 years of independence (Includes the years that they were East pakistan), not got very far have they.:loopy:

Once again the 'Nelson Touch' "I see no Nuclear weapons" the factory owners and corrupt government officials must be laughing all the way to the bank at British people like you:loopy:

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 23:16 ----------

If the workers are stupid enough to live in squalor then that is their fault, they've had 66 years of independence, not got very far have they.:loopy:

Bangladesh doesn't have nuclear weapons. I'd argue no clothing manufacturer of any country has them either.

So who makes your clothes then?

So where has the money gone that you wanted to go on nuclear weapons like Pakistan or a rocket like India if the people are so poor?

You're getting your threads mixed up now ... this is the garment workers one.

Not that it makes much difference as you make no sense in either ... you're just trolling, and obviously don't like anyone but yourself. :loopy:

Archived