Tackle to Fish - closed?

Mandem

Tackle shop at Hackenthorpe is

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 16:52 ----------

Sorry poked the wrong button the web site is nmproducts ok for lower end products a bit like dragon carp in its early days

• 2 weeks later...

there's sadly less and less decent tackle shops in sheffield every year...

a real shame so many have disappeared, and a shame (but completely understandable) how few have pole alleys or even decent level poles in stock that they can actually get out for customers to look at...

• 1 month later...
there's sadly less and less decent tackle shops in sheffield every year...

a real shame so many have disappeared, and a shame (but completely understandable) how few have pole alleys or even decent level poles in stock that they can actually get out for customers to look at...

Dars35 Fishing Republic have a full length pole alley. Got my Z12 from there and had it up at 17.5m in the shop. John and Alan where great lads at the old tackle to fish. Don't think these new lads are as friendly! Stick to FR n Billy's methinks!

Are they still likely to open early Sunday mornings? That was the best thing about Tackle2Fish, able to get bait at all hours!

Good to hear it's back open as it was/is the best stocked shop near me and the guys who worked were always willing to help. Still not as good as Billy Clarkes IMO (which is a bit more of a drive for me) but not far off :)

yes, glad it's back open, & I'm with you mr skinner - pretty handy on a sunday especially if you've not been able to get on the bank, you can at least satisfy a small piece of fishing craving with retail therapy...

Richard, yes - fishy repub have 2 of the 3 locally I can think of that has a pole alley now

there's FR sheffield & Darfield (Rotherham one doesn't have one)

climax

I know others will set poles up for you to look at but I always feel I'm putting them out by asking to look at one pole, let alone compare 4 or 5

yes, glad it's back open, & I'm with you mr skinner - pretty handy on a sunday especially if you've not been able to get on the bank, you can at least satisfy a small piece of fishing craving with retail therapy...

Richard, yes - fishy repub have 2 of the 3 locally I can think of that has a pole alley now

there's FR sheffield & Darfield (Rotherham one doesn't have one)

climax

I know others will set poles up for you to look at but I always feel I'm putting them out by asking to look at one pole, let alone compare 4 or 5

yes it good ti see them back.

adrian at bankside tackle is also good for bait on a sunday mornimg,he closes at 12. very handy when fishing over at aston or kiveton

---------- Post added 04-03-2014 at 20:42 ----------

yes it good ti see them back.

adrian at bankside tackle is also good for bait on a sunday mornimg,he closes at 12. very handy when fishing over at aston or kiveton

or killamarsh

Are they still likely to open early Sunday mornings? That was the best thing about Tackle2Fish, able to get bait at all hours!

Good to hear it's back open as it was/is the best stocked shop near me and the guys who worked were always willing to help. Still not as good as Billy Clarkes IMO (which is a bit more of a drive for me) but not far off :)

Open today and stocking up,but open Daily 0830 except Sunday.Fear the worst for them with those times.

notice says open 0830 and they have pellets,also the section behind the counter is stocked and upstairs has mainly chairs

Edited by matsalleh
times dded