That's IT! Goodbye Sheffield Forum I'm LEAVING FOREVER, because..

Isn't human behaviour funny sometimes. I must point out that this is in no way directed at anyone who may have recently or in the past started such a thread on this forum. I've just seen a similar thread on another forum which made me think about it.

If you are unhappy with something whilst on a forum, why not just bring that to someones attention, why the need for such drama just to get a small point across. You can't just throw your toys out of the pram every time something challenges you. And everyone knows they're not going to really leave, you can't leave the internet with every site just a click away. And not only will they not leave but will in actual fact visit more often than usual just to read the replies they obviously hope they will receive in order to beg and encourage them to stay and not leave... the internet.

My favourite goodbye forever thread is if the OP has received a sufficient amount of positive replies so they finally announce, AFTER CONSIDERATION I'VE DECIDED TO STAY... on the internet, but then only one person replies with a smiley face and the rest of the people who left detailed responses are like :roll:

DISCUSS!

Straw that broke the camels back for me this. I'm leaving.

Don't say there here, start a new thread and announce it properly.

The best ones are when nobody replies for ages and the someone puts, don't let the door hit you on the way out. :hihi:

But then I feel sorry for them and have to leave an encouraging response when I don't even like them. I hate that they made me feel embarrassed for them.

damn i thought you was leaving :(

That hurts but fine mel.

And why is it that when you see Goodbye forever threads, you simply have to click on them because you want to read the long ridiculous and entertaining rant that is sure to follow.

Archived