What do they do with all the old lamp posts?

davyboy, the teeth was definitely having a joke at your expense!

BF,please! That does sound a bit unkind.Nothing could be further from the truth!:)

I do think however,more electricity could be saved by having big silver umbrellas (ellas,ellas,ellas) over the top of the shortened lights in order that light shouldn't be wasted by going upwards.And also to keep the local dogs dry.

Well you're a soft, southerner so allowances might be made for you.[/QUOT

You sound like you've got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.That also sounds a little harsh,not like you at all!

I don't like this intolerance of soft southerners,indeed they have many endearing characteristics,not least of which is that most of them live in the South and,as such,need not concern us up here in gods own country.

You sound like you've got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.That also sounds a little harsh,not like you at all!

I don't like this intolerance of soft southerners,indeed they have many endearing characteristics,not least of which is that most of them live in the South and,as such,need not concern us up here in gods own country.

You're not turning are you Mr Teeth? :(

Some of my best friends are soft southerners ;)

What do they do with all the old lamp posts?

Surely George Formby uses 'em for leaning on.

Not allowed to do that anymore ... 'Health and Safety'! They may snap and knock a conker off a tree (Chestnut), which could then well fall on an innocent small child, or even a protected species Capuchin monkey. :(

"Turning"? How so,my dear old thing?
I thought for a moment you were becoming one of them http://www.madhattershows.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/londoner.jpg

I too have some southerners for friends.It does give one a comforting feeling of superiority when you are in their company,doesn't it?;)

Indeed, they don't even know how to pronounce naan bread.

Archived