So who exactly is silencing the BBC ?

Spooky.

Maybe it's aliens or stone circles or stuff, or immigrants.

No need to be flippant, it's a serious question. :)

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 00:18 ----------

Did they enjoy the day?

Yes. :)

---------- Post added 06-11-2013 at 00:19 ----------

What cuts do the protestors suggest we make?

It seems to me that they are just concerned with people losing their jobs, rather than the public having their services affected. Public servants seem to have forgotten what they are, servants. They exist to serve the people that pay their wages, and as conditions change, they must change too. The NHS is a bloated monolith with many areas hardly changed since the 1970s and many of their staff are woefully unequipped for today's world.

It's more about greed. :)

What cuts do the protestors suggest we make?

It seems to me that they are just concerned with people losing their jobs, rather than the public having their services affected. Public servants seem to have forgotten what they are, servants. They exist to serve the people that pay their wages, and as conditions change, they must change too. The NHS is a bloated monolith with many areas hardly changed since the 1970s and many of their staff are woefully unequipped for today's world.

Irrelevant to the thread - the marches should at least be reported on.

I thought they were supposed to report impartially on our behalf ? :huh:

That doesn't mean reporting on everything that happens on the planet.

Public interest and availability of resources are the main reason stories you are interested in don't get headline coverage.

Irrelevant to the thread - the marches should at least be reported on.

It was reported by the bbc - maybe the reason they aren't headline news is because they are happening quite frequently? I'm quite sure people are being slaughtered in their thousands in Syria, that doesn't make the news. Conspiracy or apathy?

No reports from the recent Manchester march, None from today's gatherings. :suspect:

Well, as somebody has pointed out, the BBC reported the Manchester march.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-24286582

Todays minor gatherings were reported live on Russia Today

http://rt.com/news/anonymous-protest-live-updates-232/

Says it all really.

That doesn't mean reporting on everything that happens on the planet.

Public interest and availability of resources are the main reason stories you are interested in don't get headline coverage.

But surely 20'000 - 30'000 people marching in one of Britains largest cities warrants a report ? As does a large number of people being prevented from reaching Buckingham Palace earlier today ?

I personally don't watch tv but when i did these are things that were always reported on, so something has changed, and it's not "newsworthiness" imo.

It was reported by the bbc - maybe the reason they aren't headline news is because they are happening quite frequently? I'm quite sure people are being slaughtered in their thousands in Syria, that doesn't make the news. Conspiracy or apathy?

It was reported very late and very buried on their website. Didn't make the TV news at the time.

Probably apathy on the Syrian strawman front.

There was this march, is that what the OP was talking about?

I found a link to it on the BBC website, much easier than trying to trawl through Fox et al.

I thought it was a reference to this march.

Million Mask March: Anonymous Take Part In Global Protest

There was a march in Manchester today tying in with this:

The Peoples Assembly Against Austerity held a march through Manchester stopping outside offices and shops believed to owe taxes. People in anonymous masks who were part of the national "Million mask March" joined the anti-austerity campaigners.

LINK

Guy Fawkes protest in central London on Bonfire Night

Many demonstrators staged a Bonfire Night burning of energy bills to voice their opposition to rising costs of fuel.

Maybe next they'll burn effigies of Sadi Carnot in protest at the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

Archived