Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

autumn

perhaps not, but others have and you called them sub human in that context. If I've lumped you wrongly with the racist contingent I (very fully) apologize - there are few worse accusations.

Still trying your level best to bring the element of race to a discussion that isn't that.

I called them sub-human because of their actions NOT because of the location of the incident or the backgrounds of the scum that took part.

Once again, I cannot fathom any reason you would defend their actions beyond some connection between yourself and these scumbags. No other right-minded person without a connection would defend it in any way, shape or form.

Still trying your level best to bring the element of race to a discussion that isn't that.

I called them sub-human because of their actions NOT because of the location of the incident or the backgrounds of the scum that took part.

Once again, I cannot fathom any reason you would defend their actions beyond some connection between yourself and these scumbags. No other right-minded person without a connection would defend it in any way, shape or form.

I don't defend their actions at all, but I do think 'sub-human' is way over the top. Idiotic, yes. Reckless, thoughtless, dangerous, antisocial, threatening, stupid, mindless, yes. Sub-human? No.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 18:23 ----------

on the same stretch of road, ass holes often drive very quickly, someone could be injured or killed, it's stupid and irresponsible and selfish - doesn't provoke moral panic, racism or calls for armed police.

I'm not calling for firework disorder where my daughter gets on the bus, I'm counselling that folk get a grip.

Amen to that Frank.

on the same stretch of road, ass holes often drive very quickly, someone could be injured or killed, it's stupid and irresponsible and selfish - doesn't provoke moral panic, racism or calls for armed police.

I'm not calling for firework disorder where my daughter gets on the bus, I'm counselling that folk get a grip.

Of course you're not calling for disorder where it would effect you or a member of your family. You're defending disorder everywhere else.

Just a quick update to please still be careful when driving on Abbeydale Road and be vigilant. I had a firework thrown under my car at about 8pm last night as I was turning on at the Broadfield Road junction. Luckily I saw something thrown and after seeing this thread earlier in the week had a good idea what to expect, car just passed over it as it went off so no damage done but it's a busy junction and could easily cause someone to swerve if taken by surprise. Reported it to 101 last night to make them aware that incidents are still happening.

The wheels of justice are slowly beginning to turn:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/bus-cctv-footage-to-be-handed-to-police-in-sheffield-1-6231341

Bus CCTV footage to be handed to police in Sheffield

Police officers are set to examine CCTV footage from buses operating in a Sheffield suburb where yobs hurled bricks, bottles and fireworks on Bonfire Night.

The images are to be handed over to South Yorkshire Police to help officers track down rampaging yobs who attacked cars and buses travelling along Abbeydale Road, Sharrow.

A police car was also attacked during the night of mayhem – with two windows smashed with bottles and bricks.

Those involved in the trouble also set up a barricade across Abbeydale Road to force traffic to slow down to make it easier to target the vehicles with missiles.

A First spokesman said: “On Bonfire night our buses travelling on Abbeydale Road were subjected to some anti-social behaviour.

“We would like to apologise to any customers who were inconvenienced by the actions of a few mindless individuals.

“We are working closely with the local police to tackle such incidents, which are relatively rare in South Yorkshire, and we will be providing CCTV from our buses to police as part of the investigation.”

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at around 8.15pm on Tuesday to reports of young people throwing fireworks at vehicles in Sharrow Lane, Sheffield.

“Over the course of the evening, significant police resources were directed to the Abbeydale Road area. Fireworks and other items then appeared to be directed towards police vehicles. Operational policing activity was altered accordingly.

“Nobody was injured. A police vehicle and a resident’s parked car were damaged during the incident.”

Anyone with information about the incident should contact police on 101.

By far the worst area in the entire city. It is not safe for white people to be walking around there at night due to the amount of racist attacks, especially this time of year.

Have been attacked there myself, refuse to spend any money in the area any more.

Boycott the area and it's businesses.

I used to live in Nether Edge. Absolutely fantastic area; great pubs and local independent shops. With the exception of a minority of Asian teenagers the whole area is very friendly too - I knew a lot of my neighbours, something that I can't say for where I live now.

"Boycott the area and it's businesses." So you'd rather spend money in other areas of Sheffield (which tends to be mainly chain shops) due to one bad experience? You realise how silly this makes you sound? I suppose your loss is Nether Edge's gain...

I wholly endorse chem1 boycotting this area, we don't want his/her sort bringing the place down.

As opposed to the mindless youths that you continue to defend? :loopy:

It's no wonder areas like Sharrow and Abbeydale Road are no-go areas, when their own residents won't stand up to the problems. No wonder the youths get away with it.

Just a quick update to please still be careful when driving on Abbeydale Road and be vigilant. I had a firework thrown under my car at about 8pm last night as I was turning on at the Broadfield Road junction. Luckily I saw something thrown and after seeing this thread earlier in the week had a good idea what to expect, car just passed over it as it went off so no damage done but it's a busy junction and could easily cause someone to swerve if taken by surprise. Reported it to 101 last night to make them aware that incidents are still happening.

Please please report it to Nikki Bond as well, councillor.

She is going to continue to throw more bad money on 'youth services' and 'activities'.

These kids have no interest in engaging with the community. They need the discipline which they lack at home. And neither Sheffield City Council or SYP are going to discipline them.