Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

autumn

Frank. I have no reason to tell lies or to be a keyboard warrior, unlike yourself. The police are told to tread warily where there are ethnic minorities. If you don't believe me take a look at the parking outside most of the Asian food shops & take-a-aways on London road & Abbeydale road.

I honestly think FRANK is the parent of one of the young men attacking cars

Having read the whole thread,my thoughts exactly.

There's not really much substance to anything he has posted.

Edit He's just 'trolling' .

Best thing to do with trolls , is ignore them.They go away when they dont get a response.

@admin - is there not a 'send to Coventry' Priv / Command you could action on him?

Edited by mrs brady

Having read the whole thread,my thoughts exactly.

There's not really much substance to anything he has posted.

Edit He's just 'trolling' .

Best thing to do with trolls , is ignore them.They go away when they dont get a response.

@admin - is there not a 'send to Coventry' Priv / Command you could action on him?

oh dear Mrs brady, I'm not entirely clear what 'troll' means - I think it means those who assume positions and arguments that they don't hold, or use their right to free speech to abuse others, spread malicious gossip/views etc.

I am none of the above, I genuinely believe that this thread is awash with moral panic and racist views, it amuses me that the racism is denied one minute and then backed up by accusations of foreigners being left to illegally park on abbeydale rd! posters who have made tacit and overt racist comments then complaining of the argument being racialized.

If anyone out there in forum land wants to debate with me then do so, if you don't want to, then don't - it's your choice not mine folks.

to reiterate, - my community is white, brown & black - it's muslim christian, hindu and atheist, we have a range of experience and food and views on the world that is as enjoyable as it is diverse. the streets are safe for me and my daughter - they will be safe for you if you walk down them.

firework disorder happened, no one was injured, live with it, like we do.

do you? no I'm not, but if you are suspicious, ring the rozzers immediately, my (celtic) daughter may have disguised herself as an asian boy and been involved in a blatant act of terrorism. if she has, I need to know.

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 20:26 ----------

god it must be awful - I'm waiting for a delivery from amazon, it's doing my head in.

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 20:30 ----------

why didn't your 'source' act? I pay his/her wages - I would expect more, or does your source allege that he/she was instructed by superior officers to allow public order offences to continue?

if so, we have a real scandal here.

by the way, I don't believe you.

I doubt they have never heard that one before.They probably pay as much if not more than you in taxes.

I doubt they have never heard that one before.They probably pay as much if not more than you in taxes.

unless they are high ranking, I earn more than them & I pay all my taxes. AS my salary is paid publicly, I pay them, they (and you) pay me.

my point is that, if the previous posters are to be believed, the police sat idly by and watched a very serious outbreak of criminality. The reasons for this that I can envisage are twofold -

1. the officers involved are lazy, cowardly and corrupt. If so they are a disgrace to their uniform and should be sacked. Or.....

2. Orders were issued by more senior officers that they should sit idly by and watch the disorder develop. If true, that has all the components of yet another scandal for the SYPD.

alternatively, we might consider that -

1. The disorder was brief.

2. The police were not there when it happened.

3. The miscreants scarpered and were elsewhere when the boys in blue responded & were therefore unable to collar them.

which is more plausible?

unless they are high ranking, I earn more than them & I pay all my taxes. AS my salary is paid publicly, I pay them, they (and you) pay me.

my point is that, if the previous posters are to be believed, the police sat idly by and watched a very serious outbreak of criminality. The reasons for this that I can envisage are twofold -

1. the officers involved are lazy, cowardly and corrupt. If so they are a disgrace to their uniform and should be sacked. Or.....

2. Orders were issued by more senior officers that they should sit idly by and watch the disorder develop. If true, that has all the components of yet another scandal for the SYPD.

alternatively, we might consider that -

1. The disorder was brief.

2. The police were not there when it happened.

3. The miscreants scarpered and were elsewhere when the boys in blue responded & were therefore unable to collar them.

which is more plausible?

If you're a civil servant then in condoning/defending these 'miscreants' you are not fit for your position. Please PM me with a contact number for your direct superior so I can discuss it with him.

Except we know they were there as a police vehicle was attacked during the incident.

Frank, seriously, there is no SANE reason for you to be this defensive of the criminals and their actions on the night in question unless you're directly/indirectly affiliated.

Lots of somewhat racist claims on here about apparent lack of action by police, though no real suggestion of anything that they could practicably achieve without exasperating the situation.

A few officers are on-scene in a single vehicle and outnumbered.

They have great difficulty in discerning which actors are involved in crime and which are bystanders.

The participants will run away.

If caught, they will claim innocence and blame others.

The activity fizzled out of its own accord.

Police work may be ongoing to establish any facts and participants from any evidence available.

Lots of somewhat racist claims on here about apparent lack of action by police, though no real suggestion of anything that they could practicably achieve without exasperating the situation.

A few officers are on-scene in a single vehicle and outnumbered.

They have great difficulty in discerning which actors are involved in crime and which are bystanders.

The participants will run away.

If caught, they will claim innocence and blame others.

The activity fizzled out of its own accord.

Police work may be ongoing to establish any facts and participants from any evidence available.

hear hear garrence - expect a torrent of abuse. the posters here actually believe that a bunch of lads turned up at a spot sniding with PC's and kicked off anyway and that the officers stood idly by & watched cos they're not allowed to arrest miscreants with asian ancestors.

that the police turned up after the kick off & were targeted by the youths who then ran away is beyond them.

• 2 months later...

Here you go frank, still seems to be problems in the area, even the police don't know how to deal with it ( not wanting to upset the locals :suspect:), read some of the comments to the article, you will get an idea of true public feeling, do you still think it's OK :roll:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/yobs-still-plague-sheffield-suburb-1-6414261

the problem has always been there, i travel along the length of london/abbeydale road on a weekly basis and i have often got either a stone thrown at me or people just standing in the road so you cant get past.

and before anyone says i would not run them over, they are human beings after all.