Fireworks fired at motorists and cyclists on Abbeydale Rd

autumn

I've not once mentioned the ethnicity of the criminals that were involved. I've been intentionally careful not to, to avoid such an accusation. It seems the only one hung up on mentioning the ethnicity of the perpetrators is you. :loopy:

perfect retort to the ones that use the "race card" as a defence constantly or mitigate actions of a certain section of the "community":suspect:

that doesn't make it a disaster or the lads 'sub - human' (untermensch?). there is no offence of 'hi jacking' in english law.

The most ridiculous thing posted so far.

The 'lads' (are you down with them?) attacked the Police, innocent passers by and stopped a bus with the intent of firing rockets at it.

If that is not sub-human then I don't know what is.

they used cones and numbers of people, most decent thinking people stop as not to hurt anyone....its a shame someone didnt decide to take them out with the car....

when my daughter was ambushed, the van in front decided he had to drive over the cones to enable everbody to escape...

South Yorkshire police.?

You have to remember that the Police have to run all their operational stuff by the council. And many years ago my lad had his bike stolen from him while out cycling with a mate. He was around 8-9 yrs old. 1980`s we are talking here. When a police car turned up, they ran us around the Queens Rd area. No luck. But, while driving around one of the policemen told us that they were, "Advised" by the powers that be, which included the council, not to go into, or pursue anyone into certain ethnic areas. At that time Burngreave.

It may be that when they are advised of problems in certain areas that are flagged as "sensitive", they back off and wait? To see if things run their course without intervention from the authorities.

If i can say this, i have never seen a person being told he is mistaken by so many people as frank has on this thread, and still maintain that he is still correct in his opinion. and there are 6700 viewers to this thread. Frank you are not doing yourself any favours you are that wrong that nobody has come to back you up. Think about it.

You have to remember that the Police have to run all their operational stuff by the council. And many years ago my lad had his bike stolen from him while out cycling with a mate. He was around 8-9 yrs old. 1980`s we are talking here. When a police car turned up, they ran us around the Queens Rd area. No luck. But, while driving around one of the policemen told us that they were, "Advised" by the powers that be, which included the council, not to go into, or pursue anyone into certain ethnic areas. At that time Burngreave.

It may be that when they are advised of problems in certain areas that are flagged as "sensitive", they back off and wait? To see if things run their course without intervention from the authorities.

It does seem that certain areas / communities are policed in a more sensitive manner than others, which makes it unfair, and is part of the reason why there is some resentment. Let's not forget that being fair and treating everyone equally is generally the basis of these arguments and also where you see the hypocrisy of peoples opinions !

I've not once mentioned the ethnicity of the criminals that were involved. I've been intentionally careful not to, to avoid such an accusation. It seems the only one hung up on mentioning the ethnicity of the perpetrators is you. :loopy:

perhaps not, but others have and you called them sub human in that context. If I've lumped you wrongly with the racist contingent I (very fully) apologize - there are few worse accusations.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 16:07 ----------

If i can say this, i have never seen a person being told he is mistaken by so many people as frank has on this thread, and still maintain that he is still correct in his opinion. and there are 6700 viewers to this thread. Frank you are not doing yourself any favours you are that wrong that nobody has come to back you up. Think about it.

right let's think ... er ... erm... er ..right I've thunk - here's my conclusion -

1. a rubbish thing happened briefly last week, no one was killed or even scratched, some were upset.

2. because of the area it happened in, a racist slant was put on it (by you) and it was blown out of all proportion, to the extent that people actually called for an armed police response to ass hole kids throwing fireworks. it also led to bizarre accusations that asian snowballs are used as territorial weapons against white people in expensive cars.

3. I form my own opinions, If I got them from the SF, I'd probably kill myself, because I'd be spouting the same **** brained nonsense mentioned above.

4. er......

5. that's it!

Well someone could be burnt, blinded or killed. To me only the brain dead wouldn't be concerned about that.

on the same stretch of road, ass holes often drive very quickly, someone could be injured or killed, it's stupid and irresponsible and selfish - doesn't provoke moral panic, racism or calls for armed police.

I'm not calling for firework disorder where my daughter gets on the bus, I'm counselling that folk get a grip.

on the same stretch of road, ass holes often drive very quickly, someone could be injured or killed, it's stupid and irresponsible and selfish - doesn't provoke moral panic, racism or calls for armed police.

I'm not calling for firework disorder where my daughter gets on the bus, I'm counselling that folk get a grip.

We do have a grip, we can see what is right and what is wrong, i think you are the one that needs to get a grip, and realise that the things listed below are very serious and cannot be classed as "a bit of fun"

The line had been crossed and the police failed in their duty to protect people, a police car was attacked and no one was arrested? i am sure that would not have occured anywhere else..

Staniforth Road was shut after up to 50 youths dragged blazing wheelie bins into the road and threw stones at passing cars

Buses were diverted after one service was ambushed by yobs who assaulted the driver and set off fireworks on the bus.

They said the yobs, also armed with baseball bats and metal bars, lobbed fireworks at passing cars

Buses were diverted after one service was ambushed by yobs who assaulted the driver and set off fireworks on the bus.

Get a grip. Having read this thread there's only one person on here who needs to get a grip and he appears to need serious treatment.

---------- Post added 10-11-2013 at 17:06 ----------

Sit in your car, wind the windows up and set off a decent sized rocket and then tell us how you feel.

Edited by Joe-b-1