Callum McFadzean sentenced for assaults on two women

speedy69

If he wanted to go where nobody knew him, surely a night in Hillsbro was his best bet :hihi::hihi:

Nice one Pete

And as a note to dobby I have not in the madine thread critisized the club and 99% of the posts were in reply to either his :love: Rampart or others replying to him after the court case and after sentencing not before the case has been heard

• 2 weeks later...
I worded it like I did so the Owls on here didn't jump up and down, I would have thought pleading guilty can work in someone's favour?

I think its more a case of pleading not guilty goes against you. [if you are guilty of course]but TBh he didnt have much choice really what with the cctv.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/footballer-sentenced-assaults-two-women

A footballer has been handed a community order after pleading guilty to two counts of assault at Sheffield Magistrates Court this morning.

Sheffield United player Callum McFadzean, 19, slapped one woman in the face and headbutted another during a night out in Sheffield city centre last month.

In the early hours of Sunday, October 6, CCTV operators monitoring the city centre saw a man slapping one woman and then, shortly afterwards, headbutting another woman in Carver Street. He left the area but police caught up with him.

The man was then found to be footballer McFadzean, of Beckton Avenue in Waterthorpe, Sheffield.

Before magistrates in Sheffield today, McFadzean pleaded guilty to two counts of assault. Two public order charges were left to lie on file.

He was given a 12-month community order with a supervision requirement.

Following the sentencing, Acting Detective Inspector David Turner said: “People have a right to feel safe when they go on a night out in Sheffield city centre.

“Drunken behaviour and nasty assaults such as this cannot be tolerated and will be dealt with robustly by South Yorkshire Police.”

- See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/footballer-sentenced-assaults-two-women#sthash.SAskbrvV.dpuf

Whilst never wishing to condone violence, particularly against the fairer sex, I do feel that immature, overpaid and somewhat deluded young football players do have a tendency to attract immature, bad attitude & even 'easy' females (with each party drinking far more than they can handle). I might be wrong: maybe his 'fame' attracts the wrong type of female. In either case, he should be able to control his anger and walk away from unwanted attention.

What would be refreshing would be for the club these idiots supposedly represent to do the right thing and kick them out.

Unlikely.

Archived