What Percentage Of your Real Self Reflects on Your Internet Persona?

In real life I'm nothing like my SF persona.

Good job too, otherwise I'd be constantly getting smacked in the chops! :D

So you're saying you're a troll then?

100% I've never tried to make out something I'm not. If people don't like me it's not loss of mine. It wouldn't do if everyone was the same anyway.

Believe it or not, I'm pretty much the same in real life as I am on here (although I do swear a bit for comic effect).

I seem to inhabit some kind of surreal fantasy world, whereby nothing is as it seems, and, although I am actually capable of it, I eschew common sense and rationality in favour of the ridiculous in a sort of OCD type stylie.

That aside though, remnants of a fairly sensible person do occasionally come through ... I've been told that I'm a very good listener and offer good advice. Unbelievable, but true. :)

Since joining SF, I've discovered that I really enjoy writing (something I'd previously never done) This in turn encourages me to read a lot more ... a sort of 'win win' situation so far as I'm concerned. A lot of my posts do actually have solid facts contained somewhere within!

So it could be said that SF has helped to shape me ... quite a few people now call me 'AB' and I don't mind. :)

One of the big differences between my real self and my internet self is that out there I'm quite shy and unassuming, and would find it hard to put my point across, especially in a large group. Whereas on SF I feel more confident in doing so.

One of the big differences between my real self and my internet self is that out there I'm quite shy and unassuming, and would find it hard to put my point across, especially in a large group. Whereas on SF I feel more confident in doing so.

Nothing wrong in that old bean, some are extrovert, some introvert, doesn't make for a bad person.:)

Archived