Pollen filter where to find

If it is the same as my 1999 6N2 polo (I think is is a 1.4spi) you have to:

1, Open the bonnet, look at the right hand side at the back (just under the windscreen wipers).

2, You have to pull the rubber sealing strip from the right hand side (it it a squashy one and comes off easily - its not the very flat one directly under the windscreen).

3, After that you lift out the plastic cover which is under the wipers and goes from the right hand side to the middle (there may be some lugs holding it on too - I think I accidentally broke mine).

4, The pollen filter is under that cover in a box of its own.

I hope these instructions make sense - I don't know why it is hidden where it is!

In my G/F's car (Citroen C3), the air from the pollen filter is used to directly cool something inside the dashboard that has a propensity to overheat at the toss of a hat ... heat exchange for the heater or something along those lines? (verification needed ... wasn't really listening :roll:).

When the pollen filter became blocked with flower dust, the ensuing fire damage proved to be pretty expensive to repair.

Suffice to say, the car now doesn't have a pollen filter at all (due to sound financial reasoning by my good self) and we now just keep supplies of Piriton in the conveniently supplied glove box which is too small to fit gloves in.

I'd urge everybody to do away with the filter unless you suffer anaphylactic shock type diseases from daisies.

If it is the same as my 1999 6N2 polo (I think is is a 1.4spi) you have to:

1, Open the bonnet, look at the right hand side at the back (just under the windscreen wipers).

2, You have to pull the rubber sealing strip from the right hand side (it it a squashy one and comes off easily - its not the very flat one directly under the windscreen).

3, After that you lift out the plastic cover which is under the wipers and goes from the right hand side to the middle (there may be some lugs holding it on too - I think I accidentally broke mine).

4, The pollen filter is under that cover in a box of its own.

I hope these instructions make sense - I don't know why it is hidden where it is!

Cheers! i've found it... so filthy and dusty, need to buy one soon.....

thanks for your help i appreciate it...

Archived