If you could just have one wish

And was guaranteed 100% it would come true, what would you wish for, I started a new thread as the other was 6 years old and not relevant IMO. I was laid in bed last night mulling this over and thought I'd ask the question.

I would like this to be an adult thread and when if people do put their wishes down, people don't come on to analyse them or to bring them down or question.

I will put my wish down now it is not morbid, it is something I have wished for, for a few months now, so please understand.

My wish would be that I could go to bed one night, possibly say tomorrow and never wake up again, this would release my family from the burden of having me to worry about, & me being constantly ill.

They say I'm not a burden but in my position I sadly, see it differently.

This is not a plea for help, I deal with my depression and condition, I just wanted to open up and to ask people what their dearest wishes were, not trying to be macabre.

If you want to contribute please do so, if not just don't try to spoil the thread this is from my heart (pardon the pun).

Pete

And was guaranteed 100% it would come true, what would you wish for, I started a new thread as the other was 6 years old and not relevant IMO. I was laid in bed last night mulling this over and thought I'd ask the question.

I would like this to be an adult thread and when if people do put their wishes down, people don't come on to analyse them or to bring them down or question.

I will put my wish down now it is not morbid, it is something I have wished for, for a few months now, so please understand.

My wish would be that I could go to bed one night, possibly say tomorrow and never wake up again, this would release my family from the burden of having me to worry about, & me being constantly ill.

This is not a plea for help, I deal with my depression and condition, I just wanted to open up and to ask people what their dearest wishes were, not trying to be macabre.

If you want to contribute please do so, if not just don't try to spoil the thread this is from my heart (pardon the pun).

Pete

Not being funny Mr. Blade ... why wouldn't you wish to wake wake up completely recovered from your ailments instead?

Hey up Alcoblog, nice thought indeed but I'm incurable (palliative), and nothing can be done sadly.

Seeing as we're dealing with fantasy, isn't that rather what the wish is for, to grant that what your heart most desires.

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 12:28 ----------

I can't think of one 'single' wish that would be of any real benefit to me offhand so maybe we could combine ours and make you better.

Seeing as we're dealing with fantasy, isn't that rather what the wish is for, to grant that what your heart most desires.

I fully understand what you mean, but such is my mindset now after all this time I would just like it to end, not being melodramatic but I never considered what you and AB suggested.

Pete

Hey up Alcoblog, nice thought indeed but I'm incurable (palliative), and nothing can be done sadly.

I'm afraid I don't know what to say, apart from I feel very sorry about that.

I only know about you from what I read on here ... suffice to say, I know you love your family and are a respected/well liked poster.

I hope your wish comes true (if you understand what I mean) :(

my mum always used to say - be careful what you wish for - accordingly I have no idea what i would wish for if it was 100% guaranteed to come true - other than the usual about health and wealth and wellbeing of my loved ones

and in response to the OP - my dad had exactly the same viewpoint and wish - my sisters and I had an alternative viewpoint and we had many debates with him regarding the "burden" he thought he was - and a lot of discussion as to whose was the more selfish/selfless viewpoint - as he kept saying - we weren't in his shoes

I'm afraid I don't know what to say, apart from I feel very sorry about that.

I only know about you from what I read on here ... suffice to say, I know you love your family and are a respected/well liked poster.

I hope your wish comes true (if you understand what I mean) :(

Couldn't have put it better myself! :thumbsup:

Pete

What and miss Sheffield United do the treble in 2017?

Don't wish your life away Pete!

My wish is simple...50 million quid ta..

Archived