If you could just have one wish

I wish I had a diamond mine at the bottom of my garden with 1000 workers all willing to slave all day for me for free. I oversee the operation from my south facing sun drenched tower whilst being fanned by several exotic bikini clad belly dancers as I drink dirty martinis and smoke a fat cigar.

This is definitely the best wish on this thread so far if you've just arrived so no need to read the others.

I wish I had a diamond mine at the bottom of my garden with 1000 workers all willing to slave all day for me for free. I oversee the operation from my south facing sun drenched tower whilst being fanned by several exotic bikini clad belly dancers as I drink dirty martinis and smoke a fat cigar.

This is definitely the best wish on this thread so far if you've just arrived so no need to read the others.

You're so funny. Have you ever thought of going on the stage........ the next one out of town! (as the equally 'funny' old joke goes) :)

A time machine. Not kill hitler, stop/watch great fire of London or anything noble like that. Get back to when I was about 16 years old, and advise my younger self about some extraordinarily stupid decisions I made from around 16 to 21 that turned my life into the car crash it is now. There probably wasn't one single one, but add them altogether - dont do it younger self!!!!

You're so funny. Have you ever thought of going on the stage........ the next one out of town! (as the equally 'funny' old joke goes) :)

You made a funny joke NewBiz. It's nice to have a joke. But I wasn't trying to be funny. This thread is titled if you could just have one wish so I'm getting a few of my ideas in which I'm sure is giving many people some inspiration for their own wishes.

In terms of my wish it'd be a toss up between finding out is there is a afterlife

Think about it, we go from childhood, to the teenage years, to adulthood, to old age. Every phase of our lives are interesting. There are things we can only learn when we experience for ourselves, these years of our lives. As we get older, we lose and miss those friends and family we have been closest to.

I wouldn't want to re-live those years again without all those friends and family members being there. Neither would I want to be a teenager in today's world. For that reason I am happy with my lot, to let life take its toll as I enter my next phase of life, or death as some may see it. But never forget, you are just going where all those friends, family and loved ones, have gone before you.

It's life, look forward to the journey that awaits you in the next exciting stage.

We'll all go through it, and we won't be far behind one other.

It's the journey of life which is the important thing, and what you learn along the way.

Think about it, we go from childhood, to the teenage years, to adulthood, to old age. Every phase of our lives are interesting. There are things we can only learn when we experience for ourselves, these years of our lives. As we get older, we lose and miss those friends and family we have been closest to.

I wouldn't want to re-live those years again without all those friends and family members being there. Neither would I want to be a teenager in today's world. For that reason I am happy with my lot, to let life take its toll as I enter my next phase of life, or death as some may see it. But never forget, you are just going where all those friends, family and loved ones, have gone before you.

It's life, look forward to the journey that awaits you in the next exciting stage.

We'll all go through it, and we won't be far behind one other.

It's the journey of life which is the important thing, and what you learn along the way.

I'm having a bit of a funny old day, but that has just brought a tear to my eyes... :thumbsup:

Archived