Junk Food Addictions

Having seen Man v Food on TV today, they have been trying to devour the world's largest burger, something the size of a car tire.

I can see that American's think it is cool for people to compete to eat the most repulsive of foods, god help their bowels is all I say.

I have seen on other American shows, that junk food tends to be the prize and that light healthy bites are off the cards.

It is rather the opposite in this country and other continents, where raw local produce and fruit and vegetables tend to be the normal fads.

Our TV is invaded by cookery shows, we cannot get enough of them, they cover a wide range of cuisine and styles.

I will say that The Great British Bake Off on BBC should be banned as it is no better than putting vending machines in schools and hospitals.

It is full of thick, sugary and delectable delights, no non fat or zero sugar recipes in sight, just full on sugar shacks :love:

We turn on shopping channels like QVC and they even sell food through them, not exactly junk food but hampers full of indulgent treats.

I do however like Jamie Oliver, Ken Hom, Ching He Huang, Nigel Slater, Heston Blumenthal, Hairy Bikers and Gordon Ramsay in doses.

I do think that most celebrity chefs have massive egos, like they are some sort of rock star, it is only food for lords sake.

But, it seems that hospitals suffer more with food standards, they have worse food than prisons, this has to change, it is out of order :suspect:

I believe that eating fruits and vegetables should be celebrated, like on TV adverts, instead of telling people to have a break, have a Kit Kat :hihi:

Having seen Man v Food on TV today, they have been trying to devour the world's largest burger, something the size of a car tire.

I can see that American's think it is cool for people to compete to eat the most repulsive of foods, god help their bowels is all I say.

I have seen on other American shows, that junk food tends to be the prize and that light healthy bites are off the cards.

It is rather the opposite in this country and other continents, were raw local produce and fruit and vegetables tend to be the normal fads.

Our TV is invaded by cookery shows, we cannot get enough of them, they cover a wide range of cuisine and styles.

I will say that T Great British Bake Off on BBC should be banned as it is no better than putting vending machines in schools and hospitals.

It is full of thick, sugary and delectable delights, no non fat or zero sugar recipes in sight, just full on sugar shacks :love:

We turn on shopping channels like QVC and they even sell food through them, not exactly junk food but hampers full of indulgent treats.

I do however like Jamie Oliver, Ken Hom, Ching He Huang, Nigel Slater, Heston Blumenthal, Hairy Bikers and Gordon Ramsay in doses.

I do think that most celebrity chefs have massive egos, like they are some sort of rock star, it is only food for lords sake.

But, it seems that hospitals suffer more with food standards, they have worse food than prisons, this has to change, it is out of order :suspect:

I believe that eating fruits and vegetables should be celebrated, like on TV adverts, instead of telling people to have a break, have a Kit Kat :hihi:

I personally don't watch anywhere near the amount of telly you do, preferring instead to go out and get some exercise. Cookery programmes bore me to death.

As such, I'm fit but haven't the foggiest idea how to make a Pavlova. :)

I personally don't watch anywhere near the amount of telly you do, preferring instead to go out and get some exercise. Cookery programmes bore me to death.

As such, I'm fit but haven't the foggiest idea how to make a Pavlova. :)

Neither do I, what on earth is pavlova anyway :hihi:

I don't watch much TV and also prefer to be out and about walking etc.... but I do enjoy Bake Off and occasionally do a bit of baking, nothing wrong with it in moderation I don't think.

I think the bigger problem is the proliferation of food outlets (even bookshops and the like have food nowadays) and associated advertising out in the streets, almost at any time of day you find yourself not far from one, it's as if being hungry has become something terribly wrong that must be instantly fixed.

Personally if I'm hungry I just ignore it until I go home and it gets to a mealtime but a lot of people would just grab something right away.

It is rather the opposite in this country and other continents, were raw local produce and fruit and vegetables tend to be the normal fads.

I will say that The Great British Bake Off on BBC should be banned as it is no better than putting vending machines in schools and hospitals.

FYI: Adam Richman the presenter of Man vs Food retired from the show on health grounds and has now lost a shed load of weight.

He went form this: http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/07/adam-richman-sandwich.jpg

to this: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1365181/thumbs/o-ADAM-RICHMAN-570.jpg

Archived