Manor baptist church

erwil

Does anyone remember manor baptist church on prince of wales road in the early sixties?:|

Do you mean the one at the junction of Prince Of Wales Rd and Harborough Avenue? I remember it well, it had a small winding drive up to it I believe.

No,sorry lazarus, Manor Baptist church was further up prince of wales road and just below Fairlea. Thanks for the reply.

Oh yes I forgot about that little church it was just up from my old school, St Theresa's, on the right hand side. I can never remember seeing anyone go into it though. Wasn't Doctor Valerio just up from it?

I remember it well I went there with my brother from 1959 until it closed and merged with St Swithens many happy memories of doing Anniversary concerts and Christmas Fayres etc.Sister Ruth was a special lady who put many hours into the church and the community.

i went to manor baptist ,two brothers and i used to walk every sunday from stradbroke across to prince of wales road and walk back again ,i remember sister ruth and mr wells superintenant lovely man he worked for weights and measures dept at whit sunday we went in the parade up to manor top and down to norton church for the whit sing and then walk back to stradbroke lovely memories

Used to go to manor baptist every Sunday, and Tuesday night school in the 50/60s. Sister Ruth always knew what day my mum baked meat pies, she would always call in to pick up a pie for her mum. Remember the whit Sunday walk to the park and also remember doing a play of Mary Poppins.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fiat500,

I also went to Manor Baptist church each Sunday. Sister Ruth was a real special lady. Do you remember the Farmer brothers,Geoff and Bernard,what lovely people and also Vic Corker. Your user name struck a chord with me because whilst going to Manor baptist church I went out with a lovely woman for a short while called Christine who owned a Fiat500. I often wonder where the boys and girls who went to the church and the Friday night youth club are now?

Hi Fiat500,

I also went to Manor Baptist church each Sunday. Sister Ruth was a real special lady. Do you remember the Farmer brothers,Geoff and Bernard,what lovely people and also Vic Corker. Your user name struck a chord with me because whilst going to Manor baptist church I went out with a lovely woman for a short while called Christine who owned a Fiat500. I often wonder where the boys and girls who went to the church and the Friday night youth club are now?

In the 60s I was too young to have a fiat 500 and I have never owned one unfortunately. Sorry I have never heard of the people you mentioned. I stopped going to the baptist church about 10 years old when my mother had a disagreement with them.

Archived