Marine found guilty of murder

he killed a jihadi. Killing jihadi POS is the only possible adequate reason that UK/US forces should even be in Afghanistan - something that our clueless political and military leaders haven't grasped yet. We have put our boys in this ridiculous situation where they are fighting for the unachievable goal of implementing democracy where it isn't possible, and handicapped them with rules of engagement that are geared more to not killing the enemy than to killing them. We are forcing them to train Afghanis who routinely turn their weapons on their trainers. It's understandable that some of them blow off steam once in a while.

There seems to be no question that the deceased was a piece of taliban filth, so the Marine improved the world a tiny bit by killing him. a small token fine would be adequate punishment.

So you agree with the Nazis and Japanese killing our POWs during the last World War? After all it was their military's job to kill our boys, and they were only doing their job?

I do not think what the Nazi's and Japanese did was right, and so as an extension what this RM did must also be wrong.

The Left didn't do that badly in the last world war, if my history books are right the did a lot better than the Right.

The right were nazis werent they facists.If we let the marine get away with cold blooded murder should we not have told that nice Mr Hitler that it does not really matter about about killing a few prisoners.or is it only barbaric when the enemy do it and ok when our side do it.

I'd love you to explain why.

The stupid comment of yours saying he was "killed for fun".

He was involved in attacking coalition forces who were no doubt responsible for coalition deaths and injuries, he was also a member of one of the most barbaric branches of Islam who slaughter all and sundry in the name of their religious beliefs, these people execute POWs, women, schoolgirls in fact anyone upon the flimsiest of excuses.

And this folks is the million dollar question,answers on a postcard please.

Many Islamist foreign fighters have joined the fight against our troops, and whilst they are fighting our very well trained troops on Afghan soil, they aren't planting bombs on our soil or terrorising our civilians.

So you agree with the Nazis and Japanese killing our POWs during the last World War? After all it was their military's job to kill our boys, and they were only doing their job?

All those who seem to think this murder was acceptable (just, even) ought to be asking themselves the above questions.

I do not think what the Nazi's and Japanese did was right, and so as an extension what this RM did must also be wrong.

I think so too. Any right thinking person would too.

The stupid comment of yours saying he was "killed for fun".

He was involved in attacking coalition forces who were no doubt responsible for coalition deaths and injuries, he was also a member of one of the most barbaric branches of Islam who slaughter all and sundry in the name of their religious beliefs, these people execute POWs, women, schoolgirls in fact anyone upon the flimsiest of excuses.

Did you miss the bit where it was reported he's guilty of murder? That isn't because he was doing his job.

Don't you think all that you say would have been taken into account long before charges were levied at him?

Did you miss the bit where he said this:

“There you are, shuffle off this mortal coil you c**t. It’s nothing you wouldn’t have done to us.” Turning to the others, he added: “Obviously this don’t go anywhere fellas. I’ve just broken the Geneva Convention.”

Executing prisoners under his supervision is above his paygrade, in fact it's illegal and he acknowledged knowing so when issuing the warning to his colleagues.

Did you also miss the bit where it was reported on a previous occasion the marines mistreated a different Afghan in their charge and were heard to discuss killing him?

The computer allegedly contained offensive images, unconnected with Afghanistan, and the police were called. They discovered scenes of a prisoner being mistreated and his captors – the Marines – discussing killing him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/royal-marine-found-guilty-of-murder-for-battlefield-execution-of-injured-taliban-fighter-8930011.html

This man was killed entirely for the pleasure of Marine A, in other words 'for fun', but you can dress it up how you like.

War is a harsh environment, Marine A an experienced soldier with several tours under his belt knew that, we all do and I've the highest regard for those soldiers who discharge their duty professionally, those that don't besmirch the reputation of their comrades and place them at greater risk.

All those who seem to think this murder was acceptable (just, even) ought to be asking themselves the above questions.

I think so too. Any right thinking person would too.

Slight difference, there was always likely going to be an end to the war with Japan and Germany, and once the war ended the people involved would stop killing each other.

The man that the marine shot, would have rejoined the fight once he was recovered enough to fight.

So question, if he had been given medical treatment and survived, what should we have then done with him, Guantanamo Bay for the rest of his life or let him go?

Slight difference

No different at all and I'm not going to follow your attempts to blur and distort what's actually a very simple question.

Is it acceptable for prisoners of war to be summarily executed by their captors or is it not?

I say not.

Archived