Marine found guilty of murder

I don't call people who blow up planes into buildings etc along with suicide bombers POWs, neither do I call scumbags who in the name of Islam execute women and schoolgirls for leaning to read POWs.

I call them terrorists!

So what?

You in your anti west blather no doubt consider them innocent mischievous children who had a difficult childhood and therefore should be excused. :suspect:

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 18:24 ----------

So it says "Killing our POWs", which means all not some, not two, but all.

Do you think killing POW's is acceptable?

Training killers is what we do, and so he shot a civillian, what a terrible crime...I don't think, especially when compaerd to the thousands killed through drone strikes in which the Uk also enjoys the sport.

As for Blair being responsible for up to 2 million deaths in Iraq, well that make him a multi millionair, and he has been reminded he has blood on his hands for years.

So killing one person in a fit of whatever, which inviolved squeezing a trigger taking a microsecond, compared to individuals spending months conspiring to back lies for personal gain suggests the laws are made just for the ordinary people, and not the real criminals.

I believe I remember hearing that the Japanese soldiers were told by their superiors that they would be treated harshly if capturd - specifically designed to make them even less likely to surrender.

No that was put about by the allies so that they preferred to be shot.

In actual fact they shouldn't put Taliban POWs to death, they should be held prisoner in luxury conditions till they reach a very old age and die naturally.

So you sent to Germany movies of the POWs telling their families and fellow soldiers how nice it was at Butlins. :loopy:

Isn't it telling that the individual Germans were desperate to surrender to us and the Americans on the western front during the end of WW2, but they fought to their death on the Eastern front, costing many Russian lives.

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 19:11 ----------

The Nazis didn't kill POWs as a matter of rule the vast majority of Allied POWs many of whom were held for most of were well treat as far as POW camps went.

The Japanese did not sign up to the Geneva convention

That may be the case, but there was loads of reports of the Nazis openly killing POWs. Any way this is just by the by, and not really pertinent to the point being made.

Do you think that when the Nazis and Japanese killed our POWs they were just doing their job?

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 19:15 ----------

So it says "Killing our POWs", which means all not some, not two, but all.

Don't be so pedantic, you know I never suggested that the Japanese killed all the POWs. Anyway at the risk of repeating myself this isn't pertinent to the point being made is it?

Don't be so pedantic, you know I never suggested that the Japanese killed all the POWs. Anyway at the risk of repeating myself this isn't pertinent to the point being made is it?

You have to be pedantic as the nit pickers on here exist on nit picking.

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 19:19 ----------

Isn't it telling that the individual Germans were desperate to surrender to us and the Americans on the western front during the end of WW2, but they fought to their death on the Eastern front, costing many Russian lives.
After what they'd done to the Russians both POWs and civilians they knew what to expect.

I believe I remember hearing that the Japanese soldiers were told by their superiors that they would be treated harshly if capturd - specifically designed to make them even less likely to surrender.

You're right but "were told" is a bit of an understatement. It was ingrained into them from conscription and school. Thousands of Japanese committed suicide in order to evade capture by the Americans who were hot on their heels because they were fed lies and propaganda. There's even some footage of Japanese women, men, and children jumping off cliff-tops to their death in order to evade capture by the Demonic yanks. Many US personnel were traumatised after by the sight of it. This belief system partly led the yanks to drop the bomb. The bomb was easier and cheaper to deploy than thousands if not hundreds of thousands of men who most certainly would have died.

Once again sticking your nose in and misconstruing :suspect:

I said not all allied POWs were executed as was being implied.

I'm surprised that Mods allow your constant sniping and misconstruing of posts.

killing doesnt just involve executing you know, my grandad was a british POW in burma building the railway for 3 years, he saw a lot of comrades die, from the conditions they were kept in, the hard labour they were forced to do, the heat, disease, and lack of food

Archived