Marine found guilty of murder

And neither did they sign up nurse the enemy back to health!

Actually they did. Once they are taken prisoner they should be treated accordingly to medical need, not the flag they fought under.

War has rules regarding prisoners, to stop prisoners being abused like they were here, and by the Germans, and the Japanese etc...

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 20:13 ----------

Be there, experience it and then talk

Are you really saying that unless someones experienced it then they have no right to comment and have an opinion on something?

I've not experienced being dipped in hot sulphuric acid but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't like it, and it would be a bad thing to do to my neighbours puppy for example....

By the way the royal marine will serve his sentence in a civilian prison, which i do think is a bit harsh. The sentence he will get will be very interesting, will it be a standard 20 years or more lenient.

---------- Post added 08-11-2013 at 20:15 ----------

Be there, experience it and then talk

The jury were all ex-servicemen and they decided that he was guilty.

Sorry, but the Taliban doesn't concern me. My concern is the brave lads and lasses who put there life on the line for our way of life.

If you have concern for the taliban and there familys please feel free to purchase a one way ticket to Afganistan and volunteer your help!

I have mates in the army with better morals than this coward who executed an injured person, your post says a lot about the person you are as you totally missed the point I made.

My concern is a soldier doing something against the law :rolleyes:

In a conflict like Afghanistan where there is no front line there are strict rules of engagement that the armed forces must adhere to, unfortunately it's part and parcel of being in a professional army that you will be held to account if you are caught breaking these rules.

Discipline is one of the keystones of a top professional armed force, and to get caught doing what he did on camera sealed the RM's fate. To be clear I don't hold the RM's actions to be same as a murder back home in the UK as there are clear mitigating circumstances that do leave you with a certain sympathy with his position. It is also clear though that his actions cannot go unpunished.

A good response, but its not possible to quote the rulebook during time of conflict. What goes through a mans head during an excruciatingly tensioned time cannot be judged by another, and what makes it worse is that non military persons can immediately judge his actions to be wrong. I would hope to think that you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet whereas personal knowledge shows this incident in a completely different light, and the modern perception of the soldier is to follow a rule book that obviously doesn't exist. Its a bit like trying to read sheet music in a tornado. Right but wrong, and not a place for a public flogging.

No thanks, i've no desire to murder innocents. :roll:

They're not innocents. They're Taliban scum who get up to every trick in the book to kill or maim at will.

To demonstrate how loathsome they are the Taliban fanatic who shot 14 years old school girl Malal for saying she had a right to an education has now been made leader of that group.

He deserves a medal as big as a dustbin lid, get behind our troops

The end justifies the means eh?

Two wrongs do not make a right

Apparently they do on here.

Apparently if you are on the "right" side you can kill hundreds of children without anyone getting much more than "alarmed" about it.

Afghan Children Deaths: Hundreds Killed By U.S. In Last Five Years, UN 'Alarmed' By Civilian Casualties

If any of the locals should dare to object to our righteous justice, well, they're just excitable foreigners, right?

But if one British soldier is killed, some on here seem to be on the verge of an embolism.

The ability to see one human life as more important than hundreds because of national, racial or religious prejudice is what has helped perpetuate some of the worst aspects of war.

We are a master race, which must remember that the lowliest German worker is racially and biologically a thousand times more valuable than the [slav] population here.

Erich Koch, Reich Commissar for the Ukraine

William L. Shirer (1960-01-01 23:00:00-06:00). Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (Kindle Locations 21778-21779). Simon & Schuster. Kindle Edition.

All those who get worked up about Lee Rigby but don't spare a thought for hundreds of murdered children, that's your mentality Koch is espousing.

They're not innocents. They're Taliban scum who get up to every trick in the book to kill or maim at will.

To demonstrate how loathsome they are the Taliban fanatic who shot 14 years old school girl Malal for saying she had a right to an education has now been made leader of that group.

Yes, all the women and kids murdered did deserve it i guess. :loopy:

A good response, but its not possible to quote the rulebook during time of conflict. What goes through a mans head during an excruciatingly tensioned time cannot be judged by another, and what makes it worse is that non military persons can immediately judge his actions to be wrong. I would hope to think that you and I are singing from the same hymn sheet whereas personal knowledge shows this incident in a completely different light, and the modern perception of the soldier is to follow a rule book that obviously doesn't exist. Its a bit like trying to read sheet music in a tornado. Right but wrong, and not a place for a public flogging.

During times of conflict it's even more important for a member of a professional armed forces, (I keep saying this because the person in question was a Royal Marine not a solider) to keep their discipline. It's this disciple that gives a professional armed forces the edge over their rivals.

Haha, you're no better than the Islamic extremists, just on a different "team".

The British Army are?

It is sad that uneducated people seem to swallow the propaganda that is so obviously transparent to anyone of any sense.

A quick question to the forum.

In the last 200 years, who has killed more people, the British Army? Or the armies of every Islamic nation on this earth?

Anyone who believes that we are "defending our way of life" by invading a country thousands of miles away is deranged. How are we defending ourselves? If anything, the actions of our military are endangering our way of life, antagonising people around the world.

The last time we needed "defending" was when the French invaded at Fishguard in 1797. We have NEVER been invaded by a Muslim state (unless you count the tenuous claim of Spain in 1601, but Islam had been mostly pushed out of Spain by then). How many Muslim countries have we invaded?

I am not attacking the British soldiers, they are incredibly brave. However, they are misguided and lied to by society.

Archived