Marine found guilty of murder

It is your values that will drag on for longer than necessary and cause the suffering of many more people.

It is not my values I am talking about, but the values of this country. Our way of life is seductive, and this is a far greater threat to the Islamists plans than brute force alone.

Locking someone up indefinitely or letting them suffer and die slowly from horrendous wounds is inhumane, sending someone swiftly to their God is about as humane as you can get.

I suppose you are the type that would watch a poor bird die painfully instead of breaking its neck.

To be fair I havent come across many birds Im in a war of terror with.

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 20:46 ----------

Would he then have been arrested and charged with terrorist offences.

If found guilty what sentence would he have been given ?

Have any other terrorists been put before the courts ?

Im no fan of the Taliban, but I find this use of the word terrorist strange, the Afghan was fighting a foreign force which had invaded his country, we regard people who do that here as 'terrorists'.

Do these laws affect all sides or is it just our hands that are tied?

Remember that 'War on Terror', Bush trumpeted? In any event I think this post admirably addresses your point far better than I could.

It is our values that will lead us to victory in this war on terror, if we abandon them in our pursuit of victory it will only lead to more wars, more bloodshed and ultimately defeat.

[]

Im no fan of the Taliban, but I find this use of the word terrorist strange, the Afghan was fighting a foreign force which had invaded his country, we regard people who do that here as 'terrorists'.

Which beggars the question why are the armed forces there in the first place ?

Was the Afghan on the side of the government of his country ?

A country cannot have values, only the people in it, and those values are rarely shared by all.

Don't be so daft, everyone knows that when you are talking about a country's values, you are talking about the people in the country.

To be fair I havent come across many birds Im in a war of terror with.

So you would watch it suffer, simply because you couldn't bring yourself to kill it.

Terrorism is the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

The elected Afgan government hasn't authorized the actions of the Taliban, therefor they are terrorists.

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 20:51 ----------

You appear to support summary execution and be opposed to the rule of law. Considered moving to Somalia perhaps?

You appear to lack a very basic understanding of English.

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 20:53 ----------

Don't be so daft, everyone knows that when you are talking about a country's values, you are talking about the people in the country.

But not all the people, so you either support the values that will perpetuate the war or you don't. I don't and would rather see a swift end to it.

Archived