Professional boxing @ ponds forge nov 29th

Ringside is great value for what you get

---------- Post added 30-11-2013 at 09:27 ----------

Great show last night thanks for the support all the ppl that went.good crowd and some good fights....great mc too

Not often you see the MC and the ring girls do some "Riverdance" type of Irish dancing!

Some good fights last night, although I thought one was a mis-match, maybe just a last minute thing.

Well done to all the lads who took part.

Which one was a mismatch

I thought the Ali - Cesna fight was a bit of a mis-match, 14 stone 6 taking on 16 stone 10 and a lot of height and reach. Cesna past his best at 33, however, on reflection, and taking into account his youth and inexperience, I was probably a bit harsh, Ali is still learning the trade so I will take back my comment.

Your lad was good as well.

Were you the one in the flat cap?

I thought the Ali - Cesna fight was a bit of a mis-match, 14 stone 6 taking on 16 stone 10 and a lot of height and reach. Cesna past his best at 33, however, on reflection, and taking into account his youth and inexperience, I was probably a bit harsh, Ali is still learning the trade so I will take back my comment.

No I was the one on crutches pal

Yes mate I remember.it were a decent show really.did he tell u when he fetched an old newspaper with me in utd team lol I were only 19

No he didn't tell me that, but seeing as he is an Owl and I am a Blade he probably did that on purpose!

Yes it was a decent show, I really enjoyed it.

Dale hutchinson won a 4 rounder against disney honi from zimbabwa he had him in trouble at the end of every round putting him down in 3rd round.

Hassan ahmed fought ingle boxer anwar alfadeli.hassan had an excellent 1st round won the second but credit to alfedeli grew in confidence and kept catching ahmed with a swinging right hand.the ref gave it ahmed by 1 point but a good little contest

Dale hutchinson won a 4 rounder against disney honi from zimbabwa he had him in trouble at the end of every round putting him down in 3rd round.

Hassan ahmed fought ingle boxer anwar alfadeli.hassan had an excellent 1st round won the second but credit to alfedeli grew in confidence and kept catching ahmed with a swinging right hand.the ref gave it ahmed by 1 point but a good little contest

The lad from Zimbabwe was out on his feet a few times, so credit to him for making it all the way through.

I liked the Hassan Ahmed fight, but what I would say is that only a few fighters can really pull off that "hands down" style. Herol Graham could and Naseem Hamed was probably the most famous for doing that. If you can do it without being caught, great.

Archived