North Yorkshire vs South Yorkshire

Why is North Yorkshire such a lovely place (York, Harrogate, Whitby, Scarborough) full of friendly people (doesn't matter if they are English, Polish, Spanish, Italian, Lithuanian, white, black, Chinese, etc.)

and on the other hand South Yorkshire looks quite rough with many chavs who are loud, messy, lazy...?

Why is North Yorkshire such a lovely place (York, Harrogate, Whitby, Scarborough) full of friendly people (doesn't matter if they are English, Polish, Spanish, Ialian, Lithuanian, white, black, Chinese, etc.)

and on the other hand South Yorkshire looks quite rough with many chavs who are loud, messy, lazy...?

I now live in York and was only comparing the differences to York folks and Sheffield ones on Friday night!

York is a fantastic town, especially near the centre, and the Rowntree Park very beautiful, but Ive found that if you catch someone's eye as you're going about your business they generally look away, whereas in Sheffield they'll usually nod or greet you.

York is a fantastic town, especially near the centre, and the Rowntree Park very beautiful, but Ive found that if you catch someone's eye as you're going about your business they generally look away, whereas in Sheffield they'll usually nod or greet you.

That's 'cos they're not real Yorkshire folk.

Leeds (West Yorks) and York (North Yorks) are full of Mancs, who moved across t'Pennines to get out of t'rain and take advantage of t'cheaper housing.

All the real Yorkshire folk in those towns have either died off or been priced out of the current market.

Sheffield is the last bastion of true Yorkshire folk :)

That's 'cos they're not real Yorkshire folk.

Leeds (West Yorks) and York (North Yorks) are full of Mancs, who moved across t'Pennines to get out of t'rain and take advantage of t'cheaper housing.

All the real Yorkshire folk in those towns have either died off or been priced out of the current market.

Sheffield is the last bastion of true Yorkshire folk :)

you telling me generally house prices in north yorks are cheaper then in sheff?? :suspect:

i bet the average prices of houses in places such as here or in york or scarborough are way more than in sheff, most round here barely dip under 200.000

you telling me generally house prices in north yorks are cheaper then in sheff?? :suspect:

i bet the average prices of houses in places such as here or in york or scarborough are way more than in sheff, most round here barely dip under 200.000

No, I meant the bloody Mancs moved into Yorkshire in the last 20 years ago, before the pre-recession housing boomand snapped up all the affordable houses, which is why I wrote "take advantage of t'cheaper housing"

:)

Those "bloody Mancs" seem to be friendlier than somebody who calls them "bloody" :hihi:

:)

Like I posted yesterday (on a since-deleted thread):

Racism is against my belief system. Therefore I treat everybody with equal contempt.

Archived