North Yorkshire vs South Yorkshire

Sounds like you've moved to the Bishopthorpe Rd/South Bank area I know it well - if you're near Rowntree Park that is.

York does have it's share of poorer people but they tend to be largely ghettoed into out of the way places, I once experienced having stones thrown at me by the local children as I walk past these shops one night.:hihi:

I reckon people are just people world over and we are all just the product of our circumstances but York does suffer from a great deal of snobbery in my experience of the place and does a pretty good job of hiding it's badly done to part of the population for the tourist industry.

York is a nice place to visit and for well paid folk to live, it certainly does have it's share of problems though.

Am very closeby NS on the river, you're observations are quite accurate though, I haven't seen anyone who looks 'badly done to', but they must be out there somewhere!

Sorry, couldn't help but laugh at the Chicken George comment :D

Another good point about York, they have some decent pubs serving some decent ales.

Anyhow, I like Hawes :)

..and the Sam Smiths ones are dead cheap-I was wobbling after spending a tenner :thumbsup:

Cheap date... when we going out for a drink? ;):D
Whenever you're up here would be good to catch up with you AO..especially if you're buying!

Have you tried The House of Trembling Madness?

Brilliant, magic, super! As is Thomas's of York, and I love the York Cocoa house :)

Whenever you're up here would be good to catch up with you AO..especially if you're buying!

Brilliant, magic, super! As is Thomas's of York, and I love the York Cocoa house :)

Not a problem. If you have a wobble on £10 then it shouldn't be too expensive a night.

Be careful, you are becoming accustomed to the ways of York. Next you will be wearing a cravat and galloping around Harrogate with a shotgun cocked over your tweed jacket ;)

HAWES?

Is that a mispell?:P

You should try Hawes, if you haven't already ;):D

Not a problem. If you have a wobble on £10 then it shouldn't be too expensive a night.

Be careful, you are becoming accustomed to the ways of York. Next you will be wearing a cravat and galloping around Harrogate with a shotgun cocked over your tweed jacket ;)

You should try Hawes, if you haven't already ;):D

Do the Hawes work in The house of trembling madness?

Seriously...Always fancied living in York.Maybe one day.

Archived