Quitting gambling

Funny really isn't it, how different obsessions and addictions strike different people. I've never ever put a bet on anything and wouldn't ever consider doing so; maybe it's just because nobody in my family ever did either so I wouldn't even know how to go about it.

in most cases I believe its genetic, different people get addicted to different things, whether its smack, gambling, fizzy pop or shopping.

like you I've never gambled, its just not in my blood, and I wouldn't even know how, I've never even done the lottery

booze, weed, music and computers have always been my addictions/obsessions, I stopped weed about 6 or 7 years ago after 18 years of hardcore toking, booze I can't go a whole week without a drink, I do get the gagging feeling, although I do only drink on a Fri - sun evening, it could very easily take over again, on the other hand I have done speed and LSD a lot but it was a love it or leave it type of thing, not in my blood.

good luck corks

Don't gamble mate,my dad was a big gambler,even losing all his wages on a Friday on the horses,my ma used to send me to his works on a Fri just to get his money off him so he couldn't lose it,it wasn't a good life though it made me never a gambler with money.

Likes been said its a mugs game.

Gambling as an addiction I really do not understand.

I have £2/£3 a weekend on the football for fun, makes watching SSN more interesting. I hang around with a group of people who are all like minded.

But I know of people that throw money on pretty much anything and everything for me I just do not understand it I feel like crap if I lose a tenner on the bandit so I do not know how people put hundreds of pounds on things. The biggest worry I have noticed with it as well is that the bigger gamblers seem to be the ones that don't really have the money to lose.

Anyways good luck with jacking it in.

Good luck Corker, you can do it mate. Might need to distract yourself with something initially though, develop a new hobby or summat

Nice one m8 I haven't felt the urge to be honest, I'm pretty chuffed how I'm going most importantly feeling :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 11-11-2013 at 21:51 ----------

What's going to happen to your Tips thread in the Footy section?

You can take it over if you like :)

---------- Post added 12-11-2013 at 14:40 ----------

Still no bet :)

Archived