4x4 or winter tyres

Not if you never go out in the snow it's not :D

Thankfully, to date the snow as never stopped me driving, I have suggested my son looks into winter tires after reading this thread, because his car is crap on the snow, unless its his driving which is crap. :D

I have suggested my son looks into winter tires after reading this thread, because his car is crap on the snow, unless its his driving which is crap
Well, as you are quite the authority on winter driving...shouldn't you be able to tell which it is? :huh:

I've 25yrs experience of driving 2wd cars and vans and never once managed to get stuck in snow. :suspect:

its not just about getting stuck in the snow, what would you do if you had to brake suddenly on snow or ice, winter tyres will give you a much shorter stopping distance, yes I know you should leave plenty of room in front but what if a young excited kid decides to run across the road or is sledging down a side street and cant stop at the bottom. for the sake of a couple of hundred quid it could save somebody's life and for me that's money well spent.

its not just about getting stuck in the snow, what would you do if you had to brake suddenly on snow or ice, winter tyres will give you a much shorter stopping distance, yes I know you should leave plenty of room in front but what if a young excited kid decides to run across the road or is sledging down a side street and cant stop at the bottom. for the sake of a couple of hundred quid it could save somebody's life and for me that's money well spent.

Well you could come up with all sorts of unlikely scenarios like that couldn't you, but it not something that worries me. Drive according to the conditions and 99.999% of the time you'll be fine.

Archived