Hyde Park demolished B block

bensonhedges

B&H, do you mean the small lone block that stood for a while longer?

I took pictures all around there. But I'm not sure which block B was, but your pick looks like the one I mention.

---------- Post added 12-11-2013 at 02:37 ----------

I don't know what B block is. Do you mean the biggest block? If so it was at the end of Hyde Park Terrace and Hyde park row but with a gap where the lads used to play football, between the two blocks on your map.

I stood on the hill with the other photographers and captured that one in between being blown up. I've found the pics, but showing on forum is tough. I'll have to remember my photobucket details :|

• 3 months later...
I mean the really tall block that was demolished 1990 or thereabouts before what remains was done up for student games accommodation as shown here

1982, Hyde Park Flats, Sheffield: Zion City of our God

Thanks

---------- Post added 12-11-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Nobody? Anybody?

When I got married in 1965 we lived in the small block bottom landing on the very left hand side of the photograph,Snow Hill Row was the name!.It was newly built then, the flat was very nice it had kitchen downstairs lounge and bedrooms upstairs!.It suited me fine as I could walk into town to meet friends in the Adelphi,we stayed a couple of years until my first little girl was toddling and there was nowhere safe for her to play,so we bought our first house back near where I came from Hillsborough!.One thing I remember the heating you could turn it down but not off,in the summer we had every window wide open it was boiling but it was lovely in the winter,the place went down gradually over the years a shame really!.

here is a plan of the layout of the four blocks of the Hyde Park Flats

http://shimmer.shu.ac.uk/luna/servlet/detail/SHU~3~3~533070~155064:Hyde-Park-Flats?qvq=w4s:/where/Sheffield,%20South%20Yorkshire/when/1966/;lc:SHU~3~3,SHU~10~10,SHU~13~13&mi=20&trs=49

The Red block was the biggest block, which was demolished, and at the very bottom of the picture, is the blue block, which is now Harold Lambert Court, (the green-clad block) the smallest block is not properly shown, on this pic, disappearing off the bottom of the image. that block was also demolished, leaving the two middle-sized blocks ( and of course hyde park terrace and walk.)

Tthe block on the picture with the Khaki -green is the block that is now Castle Court, which is now clad in the red-and-cream colour scheme.

here is a plan of the layout of the four blocks of the Hyde Park Flats

http://shimmer.shu.ac.uk/luna/servlet/detail/SHU~3~3~533070~155064:Hyde-Park-Flats?qvq=w4s:/where/Sheffield,%20South%20Yorkshire/when/1966/;lc:SHU~3~3,SHU~10~10,SHU~13~13&mi=20&trs=49

The Red block was the biggest block, which was demolished, and at the very bottom of the picture, is the blue block, which is now Harold Lambert Court, (the green-clad block) the smallest block is not properly shown, on this pic, disappearing off the bottom of the image. that block was also demolished, leaving the two middle-sized blocks ( and of course hyde park terrace and walk.)

Tthe block on the picture with the Khaki -green is the block that is now Castle Court, which is now clad in the red-and-cream colour scheme.

Excellent link!! Thanks PT. The demolished block looks so much higher than the others but I guess it was just built on higher ground?

Archived