Can you go on amber lights?

This^. If lights are on red that long then it's a pretty safe bet they are broken. Proceed with caution as per the highway code.

jb

That’s what I did but if I get a fine backed by a static picture of me going through a red light how do they know that I waited and proceeded with caution …. Lets hope it doesn’t come to that but.

That’s what I did but if I get a fine backed by a static picture of me going through a red light how do they know that I waited and proceeded with caution …. Lets hope it doesn’t come to that but.

You report the faulty light when you get home and then contest any fine that comes through the post.

jbv

So today I was approaching the line for stop and it changed to amber before I got to the line so I braked from 30mph. And 2 seconds later I hear braking no ideae a van behind me braked and was 1 meter from hitting me so would you say its his fault for being to close? So if he hit me who would win the claim from insurance? and next time if same thing happen what should I do?

Just out of curiosity, who did you take your CBT with? And was it you I passed this morning trying to reverse a scooter up the parkway slip road at the bottom of Prince of Wales road ?

Firstly, as highlighted by your post yesterday, you need to read the highway code.

Secondly, amber means stop unless it is unsafe to do so.

jb

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/road-junctions-170-to-183

Like when a van is up your backside,so stopping would cause a collision maybe?just a thought.

Archived