Cameron calls for permanent austerity, delivers speech in opulent surr

No idea, but what Cameron says is no different to what they have been saying for years. He doesn't say permanent austerity, he says permanent small government.

Bet they still want the taxes WeX, to give to their buddies. Small state in Tory eyes just means collecting the taxes to give to private companies. A political a corporate alliance.

Anyway, my point is they go there to say things to please the City.

True, because the city (including the job slashers and outsourcing companies) are the ones who profit from the CondemNation's austerity policy that pushes workers out of permanent jobs and into insecure contract work, giving employees less wages, less job security and less employment rights.

Tossers all of them.

True again :)

They're observing the dress code in the photos I linked to....

Yeah Brown did eventually. Not sure whether Blair always did.

Brown capitulated to the dress code in 2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1569114/Gordon-Brown-gives-in-to-Lord-Mayors-dress-code.html

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 14:39 ----------

It sounds like you are qualified to work in the city then.

Whatever dude

True, because the city (including the job slashers and outsourcing companies) are the ones who profit from the CondemNation's austerity policy that pushes workers out of permanent jobs and into insecure contract work, giving employees less wages, less job security and less employment rights.

There was no bigger a friend of the City than G. Brown....

"What you as the City of London have done for financial services, we as a government aim to do for the economy as a whole."

From his 2002 Mansion House speech..

He succeeded... :)

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 14:42 ----------

Yeah Brown did eventually. Not sure whether Blair always did.

Brown capitulated to the dress code in 2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1569114/Gordon-Brown-gives-in-to-Lord-Mayors-dress-code.html

He was Chancellor before then...I don't know if the dress code is the same..

Bet they still want the taxes WeX, to give to their buddies. Small state in Tory eyes just means collecting the taxes to give to private companies. A political a corporate alliance.

First of all, the title of this thread is "Cameron calls for permanent austerity...." That is incorrect as highlighted in a transcript from the actual speech.

Second, I think the whole argument about taxation has been resolved after you and Mecky refused to back up the claims that personal taxes had risen. The actual truth is taxes have fallen under the current government.

Regarding the 'Fundamental Culture Change',which culture is Cameron advocating that the UK adopt?.............is he is saying that current UK culture is not compatible with the future of the UK?.

maybe he is talking about the culture of dependence on the state.

Why would the person who wrote it be a communist.
Because Communists (Leninists?) have historically been most vociferous about exterior signs of wealth, i.e. all that glitters which is oh-so bourgeois...

...didn't really stop them from moving into the Über-gilded Kremlin post-haste in 1917, though :D

You don't have to have any political viewpoint or agenda to objectively judge the appropriateness of the venue for this speech?
No, of course.

But you have to be either particularly ignorant, or grasping at political straws, to dress the conventional trappings of the Mayoral function and inconsequential bits-and-bobs to be found in any banqueting venue throughout the land, as signs of portrayed personal wealth :rolleyes:

You've made your political point about the context of the delivery (and with which I agree), but I have you down as very much smarter than buying into the infantile rethoric of that article, I1L2T3.

Regarding the 'Fundamental Culture Change',which culture is Cameron advocating that the UK adopt?.............is he is saying that current UK culture is not compatible with the future of the UK?.

I think what he is saying is in future the UK government cannot spend money that it doesn't have by borrowing with no idea how it is to be paid back, and spending vast amounts on government itself benefits no-one.

The days of Brown's WONGA funded society cannot be afforded.

Archived