Cameron calls for permanent austerity, delivers speech in opulent surr

At the moment MPs don't have to do it either..my question was would you? You're advocating a cut in salary and a loss of expenses...would you do the job given those circumstances?

No, but then again I dont go around telling people to take a cut in their wages without having one myself. I have had to so I think I am perfectly qualified to say that those idle overpaid sods should ALSO take a cut instead of whinging how poor they are.

Any other questions??

I view austerity as a ladder with lots of people on it. The bottom of the ladder is in a river with 10 hungry Crocodiles.

When you say "one step down everyone" The person at the top of the ladder is not too worried, he takes one step down. The person at the bottom of the ladder knows if he takes one step down he will end up in the water with the Crocodiles and so is frightend.

The person at the middle of the ladder is a littel worried, but knows that one step down means he will still survive.

OK, so the person at the bottom of the ladder is now dead as he took a step down and got eaten by the Crocs.

Two months later, the man at the tops shouts "OK everyone, one step down", now the bloke in the middle who wasn't worried in the first place is now one step closer to the hungry crocs in the water, the bloke at the top still isn't worried.

6 weeks later "TAKE A STEP DOWN EVERYONE", now the bloke in the middle is now at the bottom and he now has a choice, do as he is told in which case he is going to be eaten by the crocs or plead for his life.

The man at the top says "here is a gun, shoot all the crocodiles that will save you". The man takes the gun, points the gun at the Crocodiles and thinks "Hang on, its not the fault of the Crocodiles", so he points the gun upwards and shoots the man at the top of the ladder

I think the original story is written by an American who has no idea what the LM's banquet is basically...

I think the American knows exactly what he's writing about.

It's about a person without the awareness to look around & realise where he is before he delivers a speech.

The man at the top says "here is a gun, shoot all the crocodiles that will save you". The man takes the gun, points the gun at the Crocodiles and thinks "Hang on, its not the fault of the Crocodiles", so he points the gun upwards and shoots the man at the top of the ladder

Which is why UK citizens will never have the right to arm bears bare arms... you know what I mean... :blush:

With the same inference?

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 15:11 ----------

From here it looks as though you are....

And if what you implied earlier about tax and private companies were true wouldn't you think the City would be interested in all the extra business that will be flowing?

Again, I'm making an observation not a political point.

Labour were just as bad with all their fawning over the City. We should be wary of any party that is in thrall to the City.

Of course the City is interested in all the extra revenue. That's the problem.

I think the American knows exactly what he's writing about.

It's about a person without the awareness to look around & realise where he is before he delivers a speech.

That must go for any Prime minister who has ever delivered a speech at the LM's banquet...

Archived