Can learners with CBT go on A505?

You lot shouldn't mock Adrian, can't you see he has learning difficulties and has done remarkably well to pass his CBT ....Compulsory Basic Training

How do you know he has learning difficulties?

And if he'd passed his CBT, he would know the answers to ALL his basic questions he has asked on here....

Scooters are allowed on dual carriage ways but only those with speed limits of 50mph and below.

Of course, half of the Sheffield Parkway is 50mph but the rest is 70mph.

Thats the rule for Mobility scooters, I don't think it applies to the OP's scooter.

Scooters are allowed on dual carriage ways but only those with speed limits of 50mph and below.

Are you sure? I've never seen any prohibition on dual carriageways, regardless of speed limit. The only restriction I know of is for motorways.

I presume we are talking about mopeds (ie <50cc and <45kph). As an example given above, what would happen if you are travelling out of Sheffield on the Parkway, in a 50 limit. It then changes to NSL (ie 70 for cars and bikes), but the moped rider cannot just stop.

Edit. Ah, I've now seen Angos's post. Having said that, the question would still stand for a mobility scooter. What if you go from a 50 limit into a NSL section?

Further edit. From a quick look at the Highway Code, it appears you can take a mobility scooter on a road with a speed limit over 50 (should not instead of must not), but only if you have a flashing amber warning light on top

Wrong. Scooters are allowed on any road that isnt a motorway. That means B roads, A roads and dual carriageways, regardless of speed limit. The only limitations to riding a scooter on a CBT is no motorways, no pillion passengers, and L plates to be displayed at all times, front and rear. Plus the obvious power limitations, but that varies according to the riders age.

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 19:54 ----------

The A505 looks like mini motorway

Again, just to satisfy my curiosity, who did you take your CBT with? And was it you I saw this morning trying to reverse a moped up the parkway sliproad?

My mistake, I didn't read the whole thing that I quoted and yes, it appears it referred to motability scooters.

I was not aware of any restrictions about scooters on dual carriageways which is why I looked it up. I should know because I ride a bike but I've never ridden below a 125cc.

I did hear the other day (at the petrol station on Manor :roll:)that quad bikes are not allowed on dual carriageways but I don't think that's right either. I haven't checked though.

My apologies for a completely useless post, it's not my first and probably wont be my last ;)

I don't know what wrong with you people. Look you have a lot of driving experience and I don't! I only done 1000 miles on a scooter and am a leaner with a CBT so what you expect from me? you think I will know every highway code sign? No I only done a CBT which is basic 8 hours training for one day! and problems just started to occur now because its getting cold and wet!!!! so you all haters if you don't want to answer my question <REMOVED> off and get a life!

problems just started to occur now because its getting cold and wet!!!!

To be fair, you aren't exactly helping yourself by talking utter rubbish!! You say that problems have only started to occur now the weather is cold and wet?! So if it was dry and sunny, you'd know if you could ride on the A505? And you'd know if you could go through amber lights?

I don't know what wrong with you people. Look you have a lot of driving experience and I don't! I only done 1000 miles on a scooter and am a leaner with a CBT so what you expect from me? you think I will know every highway code sign? No I only done a CBT which is basic 8 hours training for one day! and problems just started to occur now because its getting cold and wet!!!! so you all haters if you don't want to answer my question <REMOVED> off and get a life!

I did answer your question. You, however, havent answered mine yet.

Archived