Typhoon or Children in Need?

I very much doubt it considering your empathy level

No point in wasting empathy on lost causers is my view. :)

Get a sense of proportion.

Ive got one. We have kids in this country who go to school hungry and cold.

They are my priority as is the pensioners who live across from me who dont have enough to eat and who cant afford to heat their house.

Your whole attitude is "argument", take a laxative.

guzuntight.

Yes, probably with the donation you give to her every year.

Yes, because i work and so am able to give a donation to her Maj ;)

some posters on this forum are beyond belief

to compare the problems being experienced by large parts of the philippines and its population to anything in the UK at the moment is unbelievable

of course there are problems in the UK and of course there are many people in need of support and assistance - both financial and otherwise - and i can understand why some people would prefer to support people at home rather than people abroad - i don't agree with the viewpoint but i can understand it

fortunately, as a country we can do both and long may we continue to do so

to compare the problems being experienced by large parts of the philippines and its population to anything in the UK at the moment is unbelievable

of course there are problems in the UK and of course there are many people in need of support and assistance - both financial and otherwise - and i can understand why some people would prefer to support people at home rather than people abroad - i don't agree with the viewpoint but i can understand it

Phew, thats a relief.

Look, bitching at people for wanting the donations to stay in the UK isnt going to win you any friends. Its a free choice, crying about it because its not the same as yours is just plain daft.

I guess one thing to consider though is that (hopefully) many countries will be supporting the Philippines, whereas Children In Need is supported (mainly) by UK based people/organisations.

I guess one thing to consider though is that (hopefully) many countries will be supporting the Philippines, whereas Children In Need is supported (mainly) by UK based people/organisations.

This is what I'm thinking but they need loads of aid. I've donated earlier on ... they've got more than CIN. Best I can do.

---------- Post added 13-11-2013 at 14:23 ----------

Is anyone having problems donating via Paypal or SMS?

I paid by Visa no probs. Never been able to use Paypal as it says I already have an account, which I don't. Tried to change it, but haven't the foggiest what the 'memorable information' is. :confused:

Ive got one. We have kids in this country who go to school hungry and cold.

They are my priority as is the pensioners who live across from me who dont have enough to eat and who cant afford to heat their house.

And all of thier problems rolled together are insignificant compared to those being experienced by thousands of individuals in the Philippines.

Fine, you don't want to donate money to them, but don't fool yourself or others into believing our needy are anywhere near the same scale of need. I can't seriously believe your comparing someone not turning their heating on to people who've just loast their entire possessions / home / family and are now living without heat, power or water under the remains of their lives. :rant:

And all of thier problems rolled together are insignificant compared to those being experienced by thousands of individuals in the Philippines.

To you maybe. Im a bit more patriotic than you and feel we help our own first.

Archived