Blunkett - Influx of Roma migrants could cause riots.

The problem with that is,the doctor may stay here and NOT be working,due to government imposed financial cuts...........while this government is dog whistling about foreigners putting a strain on the NHS,it's the government who are putting the strain on it by forcing redundancies due to under funding...........see how they scapegoat foreigners for what they themselves are doing.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/31/nhs-staff-laid-off-amid-savings-drive

By restricting immigration unemployment will fall, so more money will be available for public services.

By restricting immigration unemployment will fall, so more money will be available for public services.

That's just guesswork..............unemployment will not fall until employers offer a wage that gives a lot more value for money than claiming benefits.....a living wage,a wage that gives people a life,not an existance.that is why foreigners are being employed in a lot of instances,UK workers do not see the point of going to work for maybe little more than they can get for not working at all.

Even if they are forced to take the jobs at whatever rates of pay are on offer,like Duncan Smith is proposing,and the unemployment rate does fall,there is no guarantee that the money will reach public services.........it might be used to bail out banks again if there is a crisis.

The problem with that is,the doctor may stay here and NOT be working,due to government imposed financial cuts...........while this government is dog whistling about foreigners putting a strain on the NHS,it's the government who are putting the strain on it by forcing redundancies due to under funding...........see how they scapegoat foreigners for what they themselves are doing.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/31/nhs-staff-laid-off-amid-savings-drive

Porter was speaking to the Guardian after the Department of Health (DH) admitted that 7,060 NHS clinical staff, such as doctors and nurses, have been made redundant since the coalition took power in 2010, at the same time as David Cameron was pledging to protect the service's frontline from cuts.

NHS staff dont help themselves. i saw a dozen stood at the clocking out station a good ten mins before hometime. that's two hours lost productivity x 3 shifts = 6 hours lost. and that is just for one small department in one hospital in just one day. this lost work time must be costing us millions. we used to get docked pay if we were at the gatehouse too early. those ten minutes would be enough time to make up a bed or change a urine bag or just a last check on a patient. i realise this would disrupt their routine but it might lead to fewer patient deaths. murdering patients to save money has now been exposed as a regular event (liverpool care pathway) in most hospitals, least the staff can do is spare then the last ten minutes of their shift.

without foreign doctors and staff our NHS would cease to exist.

That's just guesswork..............unemployment will not fall until employers offer a wage that gives a lot more value for money than claiming benefits.....a living wage,a wage that gives people a life,not an existance.that is why foreigners are being employed in a lot of instances,UK workers do not see the point of going to work for maybe little more than they can get for not working at all.

Even if they are forced to take the jobs at whatever rates of pay are on offer,like Duncan Smith is proposing,and the unemployment rate does fall,there is no guarantee that the money will reach public services.........it might be used to bail out banks again if there is a crisis.

They don't need to offer a living wage because they can employ an immigrant. Its immigration that is keeping wages low and unemployment high.

They don't need to offer a living wage because they can employ an immigrant. Its immigration that is keeping wages low and unemployment high.

No it isn't and even if it was, would employers want to pay more than they have to?

No it isn't and even if it was, would employers want to pay more than they have to?

Saying that I'm wrong without giving the reasons for low wages and high unemployment doesn't make for a good discussion, claiming that I'm wrong without saying why is also not very likely to convince me or anyone else.

Saying that I'm wrong without giving the reasons for low wages and high unemployment doesn't make for a good discussion, claiming that I'm wrong without saying why is also not very likely to convince me or anyone else.

I've just given you a reason for low wages. Employers would try and get away with people working for nothing if they could. How many businesses employ people on poor wages but don't employ foreigners?

I've just given you a reason for low wages. Employers would try and get away with people working for nothing if they could. How many businesses employ people on poor wages but don't employ foreigners?

And that can only happen in a climate of high unemployment, and the best way to keep unemployment high is for there to be more people wanting work than the available jobs, and a good way to increase the amount of people looking for work is immigration, especially if the immigrants are happy to come here and work for low wages.

Don't you see the logic...? If there are less workers available then anyone wanting to employ someone will have to pay higher wages to attract them.. to put it crudely it's supply and demand..

So you'd rather point a finger at immigrants then rather than market forces? Could you offer guidance on how our businesses can compete against competition from countries who have well motivated individuals and even lower labour costs than we do?

Archived