Blunkett - Influx of Roma migrants could cause riots.

A coffee shop would loose a lot of business if it moved to Romania, and even if it did move another coffee shop would simply take its place.

You're right, in the example I cited a coffee shop would simply go out of business but my point is a wider one, the coffee shop relies on customers with a sufficient disposable income to buy their coffee.

In the example I quoted, Dyson Technology moved their manufacturing base to Malaysia due to lower wage costs..coffee shops in Penang probably did well as a consequence, those in Malmesbury less so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1801909.stm

You're right, in the example I cited a coffee shop would simply go out of business but my point is a wider one, the coffee shop relies on customers with a sufficient disposable income to buy their coffee.

Not necessarily, the owner might just have to live on lower profits.

In the example I quoted, Dyson Technology moved their manufacturing base to Malaysia due to lower wage costs..coffee shops in Penang probably did well as a consequence, those in Malmesbury less so.

Yes they already moved and high immigration and low wages didn't stop them moving.

Not necessarily, the owner might just have to live on lower profits.
But it doesnt necessarily mean he/she will retain staff or be able to maintain wages.

Yes they already moved and high immigration and low wages didn't stop them moving.

It was intended to stop them moving, they moved because wage costs were even lower, if you read the link it stated that workers here were on £9 p/h whereas in Malaysia they're on £3 p/h..do you see the problem facing large employers in the UK? If immigrants are allowing wages to be kept low as you suggest, then they're also keeping firms in business otherwise they'd be uncompetitive.

OK to be fair there's been a lot of negative press about the Roma people. So...I want a list of 5 positive things the Roma people bring to the British population. We're all ears.

(by the way, try really hard not to use the word "enriches". It's so overused.):D

btw thats not using the 2 obvious positive things:

1. they increase population in Britain (I know 25-year-old woman with 7 children)

2. they bring new cultural characteristic features (dance, music)

But it doesnt necessarily mean he/she will retain staff or be able to maintain wages.

It was intended to stop them moving, they moved because wage costs were even lower, if you read the link it stated that workers here were on £9 p/h whereas in Malaysia they're on £3 p/h..do you see the problem facing large employers in the UK? If immigrants are allowing wages to be kept low as you suggest, then they're also keeping firms in business otherwise they'd be uncompetitive.

High unemployment will keep wages low, but high living costs will keep them higher than Malaysia.

---------- Post added 03-01-2014 at 12:18 ----------

OK to be fair there's been a lot of negative press about the Roma people. So...I want a list of 5 positive things the Roma people bring to the British population. We're all ears.

(by the way, try really hard not to use the word "enriches". It's so overused.):D

My local chippy is owned by a Romanian and she makes the best chips ever. :)

I can't think of any more, sorry.

The 250 highly skilled workers recently recruited into Malmesbury, bringing the employment figure at Dyson HQ to 1100 souls, don't drink coffee?

The 250 highly skilled workers recently recruited into Malmesbury, bringing the employment figure at Dyson HQ to 1100 souls, don't drink coffee?

They probably do, but it isn't my point, a large potential market for Malmesbury coffee shops simply disappeared.

most rational people who kept their counsel during the successive waves of immigration since the 1950s are finally saying we have had enough,(do largly we have been put upon, we have never had a vote on whether we want our country to be something other than british and immigration is doing us no good, not the elderly and not our young people, not our economy and nor our social structure.We have tried, but as British people we see many( although not all) migrant communities not living as British, but living as their own communities transported and running alongside British culture. To be called far right for wanting your own country with its own distinctive culture and customs would never happen to any other nation except Europeans-if the left wing saw a small country elsewhere in the world in danger of losing its national identity under a wave of European migration they would be up in arms-eg Maori or Australian aboriginal cultures. But British-we are spat on by politicians, academics etc and have no rights it seems

immigration is doing us no good, not the elderly and not our young people, not our economy and nor our social structure.We have tried, but as British people we see many( although not all) migrant communities not living as British, but living as their own communities transported and running alongside British culture.
Presumably you have evidence for all this and not just something Nick Griffin told you in his new pamphlet? :hihi:

To be called far right for wanting your own country with its own distinctive culture and customs would never happen to any other nation except Europeans-if the left wing saw a small country elsewhere in the world in danger of losing its national identity under a wave of European migration they would be up in arms-eg Maori or Australian aboriginal cultures. But British-we are spat on by politicians, academics etc and have no rights it seems

..er, isnt that exactly what happened? You can add native Americans to your list too.

Ps what is the 'British national identity' and how is it being spat upon by academics and politicians..theyre generally white and British.

Archived