Blunkett - Influx of Roma migrants could cause riots.

When Blunkett was Home Secretary you never heard him speak out about the influx of immigration then, so why now? Labour allowed immigration to get so out of control you didn't know who was coming in, or how many. It should have been out in the open on his watch.

Because people were coming to the UK with skills and as student for which they mainly had to have a visa from outside the EU. Now many people suspect countries, especially Eastern European countries, are trying to join the EU so they can obtain unrestricted travel and stay in European countries. .e.g. health and benefit tourists. Personally, I don't mind living amongst Germans, French, Dutch and Spanish etc, but when you get the likes of Romania, Poland and Bulgaria coming here to simply to abuse the system, I find it too much. Unfortunatley these people are not restricted under immigration control.

Because people were coming to the UK with skills and as student for which they mainly had to have a visa from outside the EU. Now many people suspect countries, especially Eastern European countries, are trying to join the EU so they can obtain unrestricted travel and stay in European countries. .e.g. health and benefit tourists. Personally, I don't mind living amongst Germans, French, Dutch and Spanish etc, but when you get the likes of Romania, Poland and Bulgaria coming here to simply to abuse the system, I find it too much. Unfortunatley these people are not restricted under immigration control.

Next lot will be the Turks.

Personally, I don't mind living amongst Germans, French, Dutch and Spanish etc, but when you get the likes of Romania, Poland and Bulgaria coming here to simply to abuse the system......

The people in question are Slovaks. Labour allowed them and the other A8 nationals unlimited working opportunities in the UK in 2004. Only Ireland and Sweden did the same. The Poles have come here and have got work in their hundreds of thousands. Bulgarians and Romanians have got work through being self-employed but this restriction is being scrapped across the EU at the end of next month. They're not abusing the system.

You've managed to get the wrong end of the stick again.

The people in question are Slovaks. Labour allowed them and the other A8 nationals unlimited working opportunities in the UK in 2004. Only Ireland and Sweden did the same. The Poles have come here and have got work in their hundreds of thousands. Bulgarians and Romanians have got work through being self-employed but this restriction is being scrapped across the EU at the end of next month. They're not abusing the system.

You've managed to get the wrong end of the stick again.

Self-employed doing what exactly? Unless you mean muscling out the local big issue sellers.

but when you get the likes of Romania, Poland and Bulgaria coming here to simply to abuse the system, I find it too much. Unfortunatley these people are not restricted under immigration control.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287116/Romanians-Bulgarians-snap-175-000-jobs-UK--thats-borders-opened.html

QUOTE:

Romanians and Bulgarians snap up 175,000 jobs in the UK already... and that's before the borders have even opened

175,000 Rumanians and Bulgarians have come to the UK to work in the last few years,so that makes your 'simply to abuse the system' statement meaningless........and lies.

Archived