Blunkett - Influx of Roma migrants could cause riots.

Great links. The first one shows 10 people tidying up after the less of the other 1,800 in the community.

The second link tells us that they either don't work, sell the big issue or have a job with the council as interpreters so they can help the others gain access to schools, healthcare and benefits.

What a contribution.

If you want to see the negative side,that's up to you,it only goes to show what roma are up against when people are only prepared to see the negative side when something positive is put before them.

If you want to see the negative side,that's up to you,it only goes to show what roma are up against when people are only prepared to see the negative side when something positive is put before them.

I'm struggling to see what is positive about letting in people who will not make a positive financial and social contribution - you still haven't told us?

Imagine we were talking about your home instead of a country. Would a visitor be welcome to remain if you were financially supporting them whilst they made a mess of the house, never tidied up and made you feel intimidated in your own home?

The fact is that most people wouldn't put up with friends or family taking such liberties. We certainly won't tolerate it from strangers.

So that's 10 people cleaning the streets.Big deal (probably their mess to begin with)

Do you know that the homeless Glaswegians were muscled out of selling the Big Issue by the Roma?

I'm struggling to see what is positive about letting in people who will not make a positive financial and social contribution - you still haven't told us?

Imagine we were talking about your home instead of a country. Would a visitor be welcome to remain if you were financially supporting them whilst they made a mess of the house, never tidied up and made you feel intimidated in your own home?

The fact is that most people wouldn't put up with friends or family taking such liberties. We certainly won't tolerate it from strangers.

But I'm not replying to you,the links are in reply to another poster who asked for a different side to roma.I am not saying they will all make a positive contribuion,I am not posting to tell anyone anything except to the poster who I was replying to,and like I said,if you want to see the negative side of all roma,that is up to you,I put the links to show another side...........job done.

---------- Post added 15-11-2013 at 10:16 ----------

So that's 10 people cleaning the streets.Big deal (probably their mess to begin with)

Do you know that the homeless Glaswegians were muscled out of selling the Big Issue by the Roma?

I'm not here to change your mind,you make your own mind up about the links,and if you want to be negative about them,it's entirely up to you.

But I'm not replying to you,the links are in reply to another poster who asked for a different side to roma.I am not saying they will all make a positive contribuion,I am not posting to tell anyone anything except to the poster who I was replying to,and like I said,if you want to see the negative side of all roma,that is up to you,I put the links to show another side...........job done.

So the positive aspect of Roma immigration is 10 People with a broom and some Big Issue sellers. That certainly is job done.

Thank god there are still some people around like you zamo, you base your posts on reason and common sense, I do wonder about some posters on here though, I really do .... my suspicion about them (the 'let em all in brigade') is that they either work in immigration law or for those government departments that need immigration to maintain their own employment :suspect:

It's more complicated than that.

Economical migration, here and elsewhere, has always existed, since well before 1997. Particularly in times of economical hardship, whether domestic or international.

They'll come, like all the others before them (me included), because they see the UK as the land of best opportunities (out of the whole EU), accessible at least inconvenience (distance, regulations, etc.)

Which they can't be blamed for. At all.

Absolutely, don't disagree with any of that. People can't be blamed for taking opportunities made available to them.

My issue with it is whether we can sustain it right now. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen but where is the planning for capacity in health, education, housing, transport etc... What are the plans for the range of possibilities. It seems that we just let it happen then react afterwards.

My issue with it is whether we can sustain it right now. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen but where is the planning for capacity in health, education, housing, transport etc... What are the plans for the range of possibilities. It seems that we just let it happen then react afterwards.

If they planned for it then it would be possible to attribute the cost of it. And the politicians from the three main parties do not want that information in the public domain because it would be another nail in the coffin of our EU membership.

Archived