BIG problems with O2 3G in Sheffield.

DAN55

Have noticed similar on O2 for several weeks now in and around the city centre. Loss of 3G signal, sites slow to load even on 3G and emails not coming through.

Often I will be on a GPRS signal where previously I had 3G.

I have spoken to O2 who assure me there are no faults with the network and have sent me a new SIM and insisted my phone be replaced. All of which has seen no improvement.

Have noticed similar on O2 for several weeks now in and around the city centre. Loss of 3G signal, sites slow to load even on 3G and emails not coming through.

I have spoken to O2 who assure me there are no faults with the network and have sent me a new SIM and insisted my phone be replaced. All of which has seen no improvement.

They tried telling me that it was my phone, till I pointed out that it's SIM-free and I'd already ruled it out by swapping the sim and connecting to two other networks and they worked faultlessly.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly the same with me I work in the city centre and most of the time get no 3g and it just flips to GPRS,never used to get this,sometimes if I flip to aeroplane mode it goes back to 3 g briefly but not for long.

Could maybe understand this if it was out in the sticks but its a city centre!

Much rather they forgot about 4g till they sorted 3 g out will certainly not pay more for 4 g on principle.

Archived