Paypal scam? Not sure?

I am new to ebay and online shopping with them and for the first time advertised something for sale two days ago.

Yesterday I received a message on my item asking if it was still for sale and could I email them, I checked their account and found it was only set up in July 13 and had had no feedback whatsoever.

I emailed them back to say the item was still available and they replied asking me to send them a paypal invoice and to end the auction, they stated that they wanted the item urgently as they were moving to the UK next week (they are based in the netherlands) but because they were an oceanographer they were at sea at the moment and paypal was the only way they could pay.

They stated that they would arrange a shipper to come and collect the item when the funds had cleared.

What is worrying me slightly is that they Automatically offered me £300 MORE than what the starting bid on the item was, when I questioned them with this they said it was because the item may sell for far more than the starting price , they gave me an address in the Uk in which they were moving to and to be honest they seem pretty convincing.

However, I am still slightly paranoid as to why they would offer so much more and why only paypal payment.

Is there a scam going about which involves sending out paypal details?

Shileyn Harris

To Me

Today at 8:15 AM

Thanks for your email, i have just contacted my shipping agent but

still waiting to read from her today. I'll gladly make payment as soon

as i receive the payment invoice today. shileyn.harris56@gmail.com.

I'll wait to read from you.

Regards,

Shileyn.

This has literally just come through on my emails?

I have no idea what a shipping agent is and I have no idea even how to end the auction and send a paypal invoice lol

They'll pay by paypal, you send the goods, they draw back the payment.

The thing is. They know it is collection only due to the weight of the item and are happy to send someone to collect it :confused:

They are saying they will collect when the funds have cleared....totally confused by it all lol

Me

To shileyn.harris56@gmail.com

Nov 13 at 4:18 PM

Hi,

Yes the bed is still for sale :)

Reply, Reply All or Forward | More

Shileyn Harris

To Me

Nov 13 at 9:53 PM

Thanks for your email, i am currently at the sea that's why i have not been able to contact you earlier today. I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait for auction as i am moving this week but i promise to make you a reasonable offer of £900.00 through PayPal today as i want it urgently. I can only send payment through PayPal as regards to where i am right now.

I have quick access to my PayPal account from here, so there won't be any delay in the payment. Kindly end the auction today and get back to me with your registered PayPal email today or send me a PayPal invoice shileyn.harris56@gmail.com, I'll arrange the pick up date and time with my shipping agent so that they can come for pick up as soon as you get payment. I will wait to read from you today.

Regards,

Shileyn.

These were the first of the emails

Archived