Low pressure shower head

Oingo

Dear Comrades,

I recently moved into a rented house that has a nearly new shower. It looks like a cheaper model (MXI Duo LX I). When I move the temperature dial to a heat setting that you could shower under, the water pressure reduces dramatically (by half at least). I replaced the shower head and the same problem occurs. As far as I can see this must be an issue of how quickly the unit heats the water, as the cold water pressure from the shower is fine.

I don't think that the unit is faulty, just pretty useless.

Does anyone know of a decent shower head that works very well in low pressure environments.. on a wide aperture setting rather than providing a half inch wide stream of water? I have seen review online for the Mira Response which are variable but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

^^^ what he said ^^^

I don't think you can do anything by just changing the head as the out flow is low.

All to do with the ambient water temperature, you'll find in the summer it'll be ok but winter months not so as the water will take longer to heat as its colder (well thats what the instructions on mine said).

Archived