Will self on the hijab

Mm. No objection to headscarves at all. I do however detest covered faces, and the whole rationale for wearing face veils. Why don't Muslim men wear them, if they're so flaming virtuous? How can these women expect to be taken seriously in classrooms or courtrooms, or anywhere where open communication is important?

And you are calling Will Self "gormless".

I suggest that you read a little more. Start with your own sig.

He's probably one of our most important contemporary writers/observers on academic disciplines that examine society and how people interact. I enjoy what he writes.

Discussing the point in the op is pretty much pointless though on here..been there done it ad infinitum.

5 posts with 230 odd views. Even head gear threads are loosing momentum. One can't read, and another has watched him on QT who has the credibility of monk with a hard on in a sweetie shop..He doesn't write for The Daily Star so therefore by definition Will Self has no credibility obviously :rolleyes:

"borin" or "gormless" to describe an intellect? More like boring because they can't or are unable to read, and gormless" because it's a visual thing..the pointy finger twitchy type - you know what I mean. ;)

And you are calling Will Self "gormless".

I suggest that you read a little more. Start with your own sig.

I saw his idiotic performance on QT the other night and also Gorgeous George tore him to shreds on Newsnight a while ago. The bloke is a pillock.

I do understand he may appeal to a certain type though.

Like I said the bloke is gormless..

---------- Post added 16-11-2013 at 10:30 ----------

He's probably one of our most important contemporary writers/observers on academic disciplines that examine society and how people interact. I enjoy what he writes.

Discussing the point in the op is pretty much pointless though on here..been there done it ad infinitum.

5 posts with 230 odd views. Even head gear threads are loosing momentum. One can't read, and another has watched him on QT who has the credibility of monk with a hard on in a sweetie shop..He doesn't write for The Daily Star so therefore by definition Will Self has no credibility obviously :rolleyes:

"borin" or "gormless" to describe an intellect? More like boring because they can't or are unable to read, and gormless" because it's a visual thing..the pointy finger twitchy type - you know what I mean. ;)

I wish I was as intelligent as you. :hihi:

Another post full of vitriol from the member full of hate and bitterness, and I don't think the day will ever arrive when I take the rantings of a druggie or ex druggie seriously.

I saw his idiotic performance on QT the other night and also Gorgeous George tore him to shreds on Newsnight a while ago. The bloke is a pillock.

I do understand he may appeal to a certain type though.

Like I said the bloke is gormless

I'm assuming the gormless idiot has built up a career and earns rather more than you do. What a fool.

Archived