Will self on the hijab

There wasn't a Nazi to be found in Germany in 1918. By 1939 you couldn't avoid them. But there was always a Neville Chamberlain with his bit of paper to reassure everyone it was going to be fine.

A bit gullible was our Neville. I wonder if he ever blacked up?

And people didn't generally fear any of the people that eventually became Nazi's and carried the most anus crimes on humanity. Its amazing what a warped belief can cause a human to do.

There wasn't a Nazi to be found in Germany in 1918. By 1939 you couldn't avoid them. But there was always a Neville Chamberlain with his bit of paper to reassure everyone it was going to be fine.
Perhaps you're missing the correlation between German Nazis in Germany and some of the utterances of people here?

The other funny things is people used to say the same about Jewish immigrants 60 years ago as you're saying about Muslims now.

A bit gullible was our Neville. I wonder if he ever blacked up?

:huh:

Forgive me then for not battening down the hatches but I'd be very surprised if my genial GP of nearly 30 years is harvesting some secret plan for world domination, he's more Colonel Blimp than Osama Bin Laden.

That's my experience of most Muslims I've met apart from the fire breathing varieties, but then I know plenty of black and white gobfrothers too and they aren't encouraging my interest in survivalism either.

Whilst I agree with you that there is no master plan for takeover, I do not share your complacency that Islam is something we should not regard as a potential threat.

After a millenia it has failed to deliver a single Muslim country that can come close to achieving the tolerance, freedoms, fairness, equality etc, etc of Western nations. When we look at Muslim countries and see extremism, fighting, unfairness and poverty. How is the introduct of Islam to Britain a positive? How can it be anything other than a risk to be managed and contained?

Whilst I agree with you that there is no master plan for takeover, I do not share your complacency that Islam is something we should not regard as a potential threat.

After a millenia it has failed to deliver a single Muslim country that can come close to achieving the tolerance, freedoms, fairness, equality etc, etc of Western nations. When we look at Muslim countries and see extremism, fighting, unfairness and poverty. How is the introduct of Islam to Britain a positive? How can it be anything other than a risk to be managed and contained?

Because this is Britain and it will be different this time, Boyfriday will be here to influence them. :)

I guess it depends what your mindset is. Ive said a thousand times on this forum once Islam (or any other doctrine for that matter) starts to influence my life negatively then I'll be the first donning jack boots and a blunderbuss.

Generally speaking my interaction with Muslims is positive so I see no reason to single them out for special attention. Of course your experiences might be different and you're perfectly entitled to hold the views you do.

As I said previously Muslims have been in this country for decades and put up with some outrageous abuse from the indigenous (no doubt the usual apologists or those denial will be along to denounce me for highlighting the misdeeds of their own ethnic group..wait for it), 40 years ago Muslims in the UK were seen as a benign group.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 09:13 ----------

Because this is Britain and it will be different this time, Boyfriday will be here to influence them. :)

I'm of the belief that cultivating positive interactions with people is far more beneficial than cultivating negative ones.

I'm not sure if I was a Muslim I'd be entirely well disposed to people like you who harbour only malcontent and hatred towards them.

I'm of the belief that cultivating positive interactions with people is far more beneficial than cultivating negative ones.

Yet you tend to cultivate negative interactions with people that disagree with you. :huh:

I'm not sure if I was a Muslim I'd be entirely well disposed to people like you who harbour only malcontent and hatred towards them.

This is not a positive interaction which is also completely incorrect. :)

Just as I do Muslims who talk nonsense.

See above.

So like I said you tend to cultivate negative interactions with people that disagree with you, because you believe that your opinion is the correct opinion to hold.

Wars have started for such beliefs, even within Islam there is disagreement and each side believe they hold the correct opinion, which leads to bloodshed on both side.

Whilst turning a blind eye and making excuses for every negative aspect of Islam.

Evidence please.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 09:39 ----------

So like I said you tend to cultivate negative interactions with people that disagree with you, because you believe that your opinion is the correct opinion to hold.

Wars have started for such beliefs, even within Islam there is disagreement and each side believe they hold the correct opinion, which leads to bloodshed on both side.

I make no apology for responding robustly to people who are unable to approach the issue of Islam or more specifically Muslims with an open mind. What you don't know is that I approach Muslims with a similar mindset in the same way, it isn't about debating coherent differences of opinion.

Archived