Unfair Dismissal claim

we had repeatedly done jobs massively against health and safety and was told our jobs were at risk if the job was'nt done so we did it.

Feelings were massively hurt at one point, at one point contemplated taking my own life tbh.

I thought that all that I claimed for had to be associated with the dismissal?

---------- Post added 16-11-2013 at 18:59 ----------

I was their for just over a year and dont know what I could claim for???

Has anyone brought this to the attention of the HSE?

Sorry, but you wouldnt be saying that if you were in my shoes. Basically putting your life at risk everyday,

But you still carried on working for them?

working with unqualified people,

You should have refused to work with them

using vans that are driven with tie wraps on gear stick to keep in gear,

You shouldn't have driven it then

not given working tools to do jobs etc etc etc.

Dont do the job then?

Wouldnt put anyone out of jobs as the owner and sister company is worth over £100m

Sorry but this is irrelevant.

Im sorry youve had a bad time, ive been there myself but have some pride man.

Just take them for what they owe you, not what you can get away with claiming for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.U.C.A.S

Sorry, but you wouldnt be saying that if you were in my shoes. Basically putting your life at risk everyday,

But you still carried on working for them?

Quote:

working with unqualified people,

You should have refused to work with them

Quote:

using vans that are driven with tie wraps on gear stick to keep in gear,

You shouldn't have driven it then

Quote:

not given working tools to do jobs etc etc etc.

Dont do the job then?

Quote:

Wouldnt put anyone out of jobs as the owner and sister company is worth over £100m

Sorry but this is irrelevant.

Im sorry youve had a bad time, ive been there myself but have some pride man.

Just take them for what they owe you, not what you can get away with claiming for.

perhaps the company should also have the same pride in its equipment and workforce, then perhaps they wouldn't be in this position in the first place

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

perhaps the company should also have the same pride in its equipment and workforce, then perhaps they wouldn't be in this position in the first place

Thanks Dawny. and that's what it's about

Thanks Dawny. and that's what it's about

No, its about money.

Its obviously about money and i find it distasteful.

Lost wages?

Yeah sure!

Hurt feeling?

You are having a laugh!

All the other 'reasons' are laughable.

Its just another example of the compensation culture.

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 10:50 ----------

Its not about pride its about money.

No, its about money.

Its obviously about money and i find it distasteful.

Lost wages?

Yeah sure!

Hurt feeling?

You are having a laugh!

All the other 'reasons' are laughable.

Its just another example of the compensation culture.

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 10:50 ----------

Its not about pride its about money.

Might get the company off their arses and start treating employees with the respect they deserve, this year alone they have been taken to court 4 times and lost all of them. What does this tell you.

Im also getting a vibe from you that maybe your been biten by people like me, treat people right if you don't like it.

I won't be stopping until someone is in prison for what they did to me, because i have come to light and evidence of the company doing illegal activities. So only the beginning for me. Picked on the wrooooong person.

Like it or lump, end of, bottom line, god bless good night lol

Might get the company off their arses and start treating employees with the respect they deserve, this year alone they have been taken to court 4 times and lost all of them. What does this tell you.

Im also getting a vibe from you that maybe your been biten by people like me, treat people right if you don't like it.

I won't be stopping until someone is in prison for what they did to me, because i have come to light and evidence of the company doing illegal activities. So only the beginning for me. Picked on the wrooooong person.

Like it or lump, end of, bottom line, god bless good night lol

Yes if I can claim it, im gonna get it. everyone else does.

Ive worked hard for it, worked all me life, why shouldn't i have a piece of the pie.

I worked in them conditions because we were ion a recession dippy, some people cant afford to be out of work you know durrrr

Judge agreed with me neways cos i won so i dont need to answer to you

---------- Post added 17-11-2013 at 11:00 ----------

Back on topic....

Does anyone know of anything I can claim other than loss of earnings?

Some people work in offices and for companies that wont sack you for raising a greivance like sarah has i would suspect.

Its different when youre out in the field and travelling to go for a job doing manual labour. If you refuse to drive the van and work with others then youll be fired or down as a trouble causer or nuisance. With no one else there to cover the appointment then the business would lose custom if you did!

So you bend over backwards and help out by keeping your mouth shut and plodding on hoping that your efforts are appreciated, all too often though they are not and this comes to a head when you ask for a day off etc and dont get the loyalty you have shown in return.

Theres usually a tipping point where your employer shows their true colours and you realise youve been taken for a mug.

In an ideal world then sarahs ideas of not driving the van or working with people would get you listened to and things done but for us in the real working world then things are very different.

I hope you never have a problem at work sarah because youll find yourself on the recieving end of the situation and will find that all the other employees that agreed with you about the problems go deaf and dumb and youll be looking for a new job on your own pretty fast.

Its not an ideal world and employers who make their workers endure such conditions as the op has mentioned arent going to be sympathetic when you refuse to do something, even if youre right.

As for the "have some self respect" comment, well thats a terrible thing to say. This guy has carried on working under these circumstances for too long and for fear of losing his job i should think. He has shown respect to the company by doing so and it seems been shown none in return hence the current situation.

As he has helped them to get to the position they are in now he isnt out of order to expect some form of compensation on top of his loss of earnings to redress the balance.

Archived