How close are you to the streets?

How long till you have no finances  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How long till you have no finances

• one week
    • one month
    • two months
    • I would be in the pooh immediately

It has been said that you are a couple of missed pay days to the streets.

Is that true. Lets pretend that you lost your main source of income tomorrow. You are unable to find work and have to rely on what you have today.

How long would it be before you were unable to pay your rent/bills and ended up on skid row?

How insensitive can you be? I was made redundant and officially finished on Saturday so am now looking for work to see me through until term starts in September.

However, for the sake of the thread's argument, I'd probably last 13 years on my savings and then my pensions would kick in to save me from abject poverty.

However(2), I was hoping that my savings and house equity would remain intact until my pensions kicked in.

What a bummer, Max. Hope things work out for you.

The company that owns my newspaper is considering selling itself to the highest bidder (and threatening to make massive cuts to make it more profitable)... so I could very well be made redundant, along with about 50 other journalists in this town! If that were to happen, I wouldn't have much savings cushion. Maybe a month.

If I had to, I could sell my lake cottage and my primary home -- and move in with my mother. :o I'd be most worried about losing my health insurance after six months, I think.

Frightening thoughts on a Monday morning.

Archived