100 days of snow ..on the way!

Mmmm :|

So what do I do? Do I keep the 'sedate' AWD Subaru I bought (in vain) last year, and which is boring me to tears? Or do I change it for the RWD Nissan sportscar that keeps looking at me funny from the forecourt? :confused:

I suppose there's always snow socks...

350Z it is, then. You sold me probedb :thumbsup:

There's only one Nissan you should be driving in the snow, and it ain't the 350Z :nono:

There's only one Nissan you should be driving in the snow, and it ain't the 350Z :nono:
Granted...but well outside budget, so that's a pass :blush:

And if I had that kind of budget to throw at a car, (i) I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend it on a car and (ii) it'd be a 911 variant :D

Autosocks seconded, magic gizmos they are. I've had a pair living permanently in the boot from 01 November for each of our cars, ever since I got stuck overnight in December 2010 (on the A57, yes that little incident).

Edited by L00b

Yeah I agree Doom, in the UK I really don't see the point in investing in winter tyres, we have all-season tyres and they generally get replaced before winter (due soon) on the Volvo. If the little Honda doesn't like the weather it simply stays put. I can't say I have ever had a problem with the Volvo in the snow - EXCEPT for the appalling English drivers who decide that the best way to get up a hill in the snow is by kicking into first gear and slamming your foot down.

Really wish that driving lessons were more extensive around here.

EXCEPT for the appalling English drivers who decide that the best way to get up a hill in the snow is by kicking into first gear and slamming your foot down.

With winter tyres they wouldn't be a problem...it's not just getting up hills though..winter tyres give better traction for stopping and cornering..it's not too much of an investment.it makes your summer tyres last longer too..

With winter tyres they wouldn't be a problem...it's not just getting up hills though..winter tyres give better traction for stopping and cornering..it's not too much of an investment.it makes your summer tyres last longer too..

Even with summer tyres you can get up-hill in snow/icey conditions if you control the acceleration appropriately. Of course it is better with winter-tyres but that is a big expense for a lot of people.

Even with summer tyres you can get up-hill in snow/icey conditions if you control the acceleration appropriately. Of course it is better with winter-tyres but that is a big expense for a lot of people.

For me it wouldn't just be the expense, but the storage space.

I assume when you purchase a set of 4 winter tyres you keep your existing tyres and therefore need to store them somewhere. I've only got a shed and there isn't enough space in there for tyres.

I can understand why people would feel safer with winter tyres, even if they're only necessary a couple of weeks a year, but for me it's not really an option.

With the limited amount of snow we have in this country the Autosocks are adequate for me.

Regards

Doom

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 12:17 ----------

EXCEPT for the appalling English drivers who decide that the best way to get up a hill in the snow is by kicking into first gear and slamming your foot down.

Really wish that driving lessons were more extensive around here.

I see you've come across Mrs Doom. :hihi:

Regards

Doom