What to do with an injured wild rabbit?

Hi, I've found an injured wild rabbit today it's eyes are all sealed shut and all red may have miximotosis? It doesn't seem to be in any pain should I take it to local vet or RSPCA? Looked online but can't seem to find anywhere in Sheffield apart from RSPCA and not sure if they will do anything? Thanks for your help

If it's got mix it is as good as dead anyway. Best thing is to put it out of it's misery and I know it may seem hard but you would be actually doing it a favor. It will only live a couple of days once its eyes have stuck up anyway. Shame really, but that's the way it is.

---------- Post added 18-11-2013 at 00:02 ----------

I think rabbits have developed much more immunity to Myxomatosis now as it's so uncommon.

I remember in my young teens finding a rabbit suffering with the disease which it obviously wasn't going to recover from and realising I should put it out of its misery.

I dropped a large rock on its head.

I think a new strain of mix was put down about 3 months ago in some areas, in particular ladybower and derwent. No proof just a guess given what I have seen - loads of dead and dying rabbits 100+.

I think most local vets treat injured wild mammals free, don't they? Even if only to put them out of their misery.

The only vet ive had difficulty in getting aid for a wild animal is Springfield vets.

Apparently they arent a chairty :rolleyes:

Archived