Does anybody know a good restaurant that is open New Years Day lunch?

medusa

It's my mum's birthday on New Years Day and we'd like to get together for lunch without her needing to cook for everybody.

None of us have space in our house for 12 people to sit around the dinner table or we'd have a caterer come to bring food, so does anybody know a decent restaurant that is either planning to open for lunch or would be prepared to open for 12 covers?

The only places we've found so far that are possibilities are either standard pub food (which is not really suitable for a celebration dinner) or are serving brunch menu of smoked salmon and scrambled egg type things during the lunch session of New Years Day.

We're getting very close to the day and have yet to find anywhere suitable- any good ideas?

I know how much my dad paid for her present from him, so cost will not be an issue ;)

Thank you for your suggestions- I'll start the job of working out who can accommodate 12 of us tomorrow. I don't think it will be Whitley Hall though, since although I love the place, it was where I got married and my family are pretty down on it just because of that.

Is a carvery too close to "pub food", Medusa?

the Wheatsheaf at Ecclesall Road South is not bad. It's a Toby carvery. I've had a couple of good meals there over Xmas and new year.

They recommend booking in advance, for parties of 6 or more, and can seat parties of 12 or thereabouts,

345 Ecclesall Road South, Sheffield, S11 9PW Telephone: 0114 2362735

Thank you all- I've just found out that my dad has found somewhere which is close to where they live (we are very spread out, over 150 miles from Birmingham up to West Yorkshire) so I no longer need to find a venue at all.

Oh well, thank you for your suggestions :)

Archived