Anti Roma racism.

Lets see, I don't intend to call anyone a name, even jest, or say anything untoward, for the rest of the day, so if you notice my avatar picture isn't there it will be because I've upset you know who.

:confused: Who?

:hihi::hihi:

Where as me? Well i could go any minute for any number of indiscretions :D

Ill keep an eye on your avatar though and if you do go then ill start up the "Free the SF 1" campaign. :hihi:

Classing criticism of a community of people however is racism, as is self evident if someone say made sensational generalisations about white people and football hooligans for example.

Let's slip back in time to the 80's when English football fans had a bad reputation for causing trouble wherever they went. If someone said in response that white people were football hooligans then it might technically be classed as racism because it is untrue. It would also be untrue to say all English people were football hooligans. But that is not what they said and it is not what is being said about the Roma now.

What they said about us is that we had a problem with hooliganism and English football teams were not welcome in Europe until we sorted it out. Not only was it true, it was fair criticism and a fair response. And it prompted us to do something about it.

The reputation of the Roma community is also true, the criticism fair and the response (they aren't welcome) is also reasonable. It is their problem to sort out and if saying so, and not welcoming them, makes us racist then nobody cares... we no longer acknowledge that the racism label invalidates our opinions.

Well this thread went well for you didn't it, Hali-tosis?! :hihi:

Throwing insults around is what gets threads closed. You should remember that next time you spit your dummy out and bleat about "certain people" with unspoken powers derailing threads and getting them locked.

Let's slip back in time to the 80's when English football fans had a bad reputation for causing trouble wherever they went. If someone said in response that white people were football hooligans then it might technically be classed as racism because it is untrue. It would also be untrue to say all English people were football hooligans. But that is not what they said and it is not what is being said about the Roma now.
Great we're getting somewhere and on all your points I'd agree apart from the last one because generalisations are being made about Romas unconnected with the grossly anti social behaviour at Page Hall.

Great we're getting somewhere and on all your points I'd agree apart from the last one because generalisations are being made about Romas unconnected with the grossly anti social behaviour at Page Hall.

The Roma people's bad reputation is well deserved.

Well this thread went well for you didn't it, Hali-tosis?! :hihi:

That's a strange thing to call Halibut but I do remember someone calling him that before.

Dont get your knickers in a twist Hali-tosis. Wherever i gather information from, and weather i paraphrase or cut and paste, the information isn't racist when it ends up on here.

Oops.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. Always two sides to every story aren't there.

As an aside you have to question whether housing policy has failed in this country if what are effectively ghettos can form so quickly. These people must be in private rented housing? If so who are the landlords? Alternatively if the council has allowed a ghetto to form in social housing then there are serious questions that need to be asked.

yes the roma in eastwood rotherham are in private housing....council told about the problems 4 years back, still problems go on .

Archived