Anti Roma racism.

Racists also say similar things about Jews or blacks or Pakistanis. Your comment is as depressing as it is foolish.

Yes but that doesn't mean it is untrue that the bad reputation the Roma have is well deserved does it? Are you saying it isn't well deserved? Just about anyone who comes into contact with them seems to form the same opinion.

That's as daft as asking 'What are Jews like on the whole' or 'What are blacks like on the whole'.

Easy to live alongside... Unlike the Roma.

Yes but that doesn't mean it is untrue that the bad reputation the Roma have is well deserved does it? Are you saying it isn't well deserved? Just about anyone who comes into contact with them seems to form the same opinion.

Yes, I am saying it isn't well deserved. No, not everyone who knows Roma dislikes them.

Easy to live alongside... Unlike the Roma.

Fan of sweeping generalisations much? Clearly.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 17:03 ----------

There's a list here of Roma and other gypsy peoples who have achieved success in a variety of fields. http://www.imninalu.net/famousGypsies.htm

Yes, I am saying it isn't well deserved. No, not everyone who knows Roma dislikes them.

You know what Halibut, if you were a gazelle you'd be the one trying to pursuade the others to give the approaching pride of lions the benefits of the doubt... "we shouldn't make sweeping generalisations. They're not all bad! They might be veggies for all we know!!"

There's a list here of Roma and other gypsy peoples who have achieved success in a variety of fields. http://www.imninalu.net/famousGypsies.htm

Great comfort to the people of Page Hall.

Unfortunately when threads like this start they eventually become a witch-hunt.

Before Roma came, we have and still do have a select few who think it's Ok to get by and not work ,scrounge of the state and think the world owes them a living that you and I fund . You just car'nt tar everyone with the same brush.

---------- Post added 19-11-2013 at 17:03 ----------

I guess you are solving some sort of issues within yourself hiding behind your keyboard, but I also suspect you are actually doing nothing practical to back up your utterances like lots like you!.........talk but no action.You don't live in Page hall and you have no idea of the real problems. Its really all too easy for keyboard solvers like you!

Tell us what you are doing practically to back up your arguments.

I guess you are solving some sort of issues within yourself hiding behind your keyboard, but I also suspect you are actually doing nothing practical to back up your utterances like lots like you!.........talk but no action.You don't live in Page hall and you have no idea of the real problems. Its really all too easy for keyboard solvers like you!

Tell us what you are doing practically to back up your arguments.

Give us an idea on what's happening down there Carol, I take it you must be a local?

Archived