BRAKE are calling for hands free devices to be banned!!

How is driving with a hands free kit more dangerous than driving whilst talking to a passenger? Listening to and faffing with a sat nav? How much does a radio get in the way ?

I'm not saying break are wrong I'm just wondering how much of a risk hands free phone calls are compared with the above.

In a new report commissioned by the Daily Mail ...

'Drivers found to be driving whilst driving were found to be more than twice as likely to have an accident whilst driving, compared to drivers who aren't driving whilst not driving ... should the death penalty be reintroduced for serial offenders?'

How is driving with a hands free kit more dangerous than driving whilst talking to a passenger? Listening to and faffing with a sat nav? How much does a radio get in the way ?

I'm not saying break are wrong I'm just wondering how much of a risk hands free phone calls are compared with the above.

I've uploaded the 2002 TRL report that advises …

Drivers should be strongly discouraged from engaging in

any phone use while behind the wheel. It is hoped that this

research will contribute to the growing evidence on the

hazards of phone use and convince people to turn off their

phones while driving.

Read it all here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6210442/TRL547.pdf

I've uploaded the 2002 TRL report that advises …

Read it all here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6210442/TRL547.pdf

Yep, I've had a bit of read of section 2 and, as I said I'm not disputing their findings. However, as far as I read, they didn't appear to do a test with someone having the same "conversation" (did you read some of the questions they asked?????;););)) with someone sat in the passenger seat.

I cant get the second one to work.

Did you read the instructions..? Not being funny...the first time I tried it I didn't press "next" when the guy was telling me what to do..second time I did and it worked.. ,I doubt I would have passed even without listening to the phone... :D

Archived