Google & Microsoft to Block Abuse Images

I doubt that it happens often. I guess that it is frequently used as a defence.

It would be interesting to be able to find out statistically how likely it is to accidentally acquire such images - anyone else on SF ever come across such stuff by mistake?

Do us all a favour and try to post at least one coherent post per day:rolleyes:

Not a lot I can do about my posts if you don't understand them, best if you don't read them if you don't understand them. There is an ignore button just for this purpose.

It would be interesting to be able to find out statistically how likely it is to accidentally acquire such images - anyone else on SF ever come across such stuff by mistake?

Yes, i even asked on here about reporting it. This was from Google, though with safe search off. I really don't want to go into detail about the image though, absolutely awful thing to have in your mind. :(

Not a lot I can do about my posts if you don't understand them, best if you don't read them if you don't understand them. There is an ignore button just for this purpose.

Yes, but it doesn't work on someone who changes their name as often as you do.

So, could you try posting in English, please :rolleyes:

Yes, i even asked on here about reporting it. This was from Google, though with safe search off. I really don't want to go into detail about the image though, absolutely awful thing to have in your mind. :(

Oh dear, that sounds rough. Anyone else you know ever experienced this?

I was going to ask what your search terms were, but actually it's probably not a good idea.

Oh dear, that sounds rough. Anyone else you know ever experienced this?

I was going to ask what your search terms were, but actually it's probably not a good idea.

It was just a single image i saw during an image search brought up by a very innocuous search term. I was designing flyers for a charity event and needed some small images to decorate the edges of the piece, beach balls, kites etc. It's only happened that once, and i don't know of any other cases thankfully.

Yes, but it doesn't work on someone who changes their name as often as you do.

So, could you try posting in English, please :rolleyes:

Then just don't respond to posts you don't understand, its not rocket science, even a child could manage it.

Then just don't respond to posts you don't understand, its not rocket science, even a child could manage it.

Do you have anything to add to the debate.

It is pretty interesting up there ^^^.

Except for your nagging nonsense.

Have you tried "I'm Bored"?

What surprised me was that they are blocking 100,000 search terms. That seems like an awfully large number, unless they have (say) 50 words and they're counting all the possibilities of how those words could be combined to make a phrase?

Did anyone else notice how Cameron slipped in that GCHQ would have their part to play in this. So they soften up the population to universal state surveillance on the back of cracking down on something that everyone objects to.

What surprised me was that they are blocking 100,000 search terms. That seems like an awfully large number, unless they have (say) 50 words and they're counting all the possibilities of how those words could be combined to make a phrase?

Did anyone else notice how Cameron slipped in that GCHQ would have their part to play in this. So they soften up the population to universal state surveillance on the back of cracking down on something that everyone objects to.

I guess that when you include word combinations, misspellings, plurals and the like, you will soon get to 100 000 combinations.

Archived